Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K20 Offensive Freelance, Sets & Series: Appreciation & Feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=958899)

LorenzoDC 09-23-2019 02:20 PM

NBA 2K20 Offensive Freelance, Sets & Series: Appreciation & Feedback

This thread is for sim heads to recognize the things they like and any feedback about the many deep offensive options and settings 2K - and specifically Da_Czar - has put in for us to use, explore and enjoy.

There are new sets and series in this year's game, and I've been having fun exploring 4-out active, 3-out active, Pace, 21 Series and Double Drag Series.

As a MyLeague offline player, I also absolutely LOVE the new Offensive Settings menu in the pause screen that allows me to select quick OTF menu plays during the game, assign them to players on the court, and even set them up as a custom series to have the AI run automatically.

This has fundamentally altered how I play the game for the better. Playing offline, I edit it these assigned plays throughout the game. I have never been a great rapid OTF menu button presser, so this makes it possible for me to, through the pause screen, gain better access and control over what my team is able to run and call for plays during the game.

I have made less use of the default OTF quick offense options, such as pass and screen away, etc. Some of these options are also available under the call plays by player menu as quick options.

In using the positional player calling options, though, some of my quick tests make me wonder if they are all working as planned, as for example I have told AD to post up and instead it looks like he executed an off ball screen. I wonder what others are seeing?

One thing to note about those quick options under positional play calling: the options you will see depend both on the player and the position of the ball and the player on the court. The middle 2 of four options are usually either set a screen or have a screen set for the selected player. But the first and fourth options may be different.

The first option is often floppy for a shooter but if, for example, you are still above half court it may be something else. Same with post up if you select a PF or a C. So you can't just memorize quick options by player: you have to see what's on the menu based on the context. The plays may or may not also sync up generally with the play types you assign your players through your playbook.

Please share your observations and notes of appreciation for the inclusion of this stuff in the game. If we don't speak up, It's possible 2K won't know people really notice and care about the work. And Czar deserves the shout out.

taildog 09-23-2019 04:12 PM

NBA 2K20 Offensive Freelance, Sets & Series: Appreciation & Feedback

LDC! thank you for making this thread bro. Idk if even the sim heads have caught on yet to how epic these new options are and the future possibilities when we get to next gen as well.

While we can’t edit the 4 default freelances now I think they’ll patch things at least where teams are given their actual defaults to start with (Milwaukee with Bucks 2018). And in the coming years user customization in the edit roster screen to the freelance, series and other areas of ace. One good note is if you’re playing in MyGM/MyLeague the 4 freelances you edit in game will save to the next game. Too bad MyGM is unplayable for many of us.

I did notice that some of the quick play commands are off but I’m sure that will be addressed soon. The team did a remarkable job with QA Testing so I have no doubts they’ll address the few issues we find in due course.

But anyway big shouts to the homie Da_Czar and his team of engineers. This a major milestone in sim gaming let alone 2K. Glad we have such dedicated folks who not only strive to improve on their work from year to year but also listen to constructive feedback from the sim heads in the community. The competition has no chance with these folks killing it like this. #SimNation

rjohns23 09-23-2019 04:32 PM

Re: NBA 2K20 Offensive Freelance, Sets & Series: Appreciation & Feedback

I wonder if we do 30 team control, can we set up the free lance for each team and the settings will stick even if we dont want to control that team anymore.

For example, I set up the free lance for the Lakers. I then uncheck them but when I play against them later on in the season, my freelance settings are still there.... if this is true this can be very good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bullsfan_2019 09-23-2019 08:32 PM

My favorite new freelance so far is Hawks. After that it's oldies but goodies flow, 21 delay and jazz

Is there a way to put random plays into a series? I thought I remember reading that before the game came out but can't figure it out

tb0622 10-14-2019 04:54 PM

Is there any way to keep 2k from resetting my series during gameplay?

jeebs9 10-14-2019 06:14 PM

Prineton Chin has been my favorite for years. I do wonder why they got rid of Corners freelance because I used that with the Kings so much... I don't know how I'm going to use the Kings this year online. Like I'm seriously heart broken lol.

But back to Chin..... I have some new branches I'd like to end. I'm hoping Da_Czar can add them this year or next.

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/SphericalShockedAchillestang' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='404'></iframe>

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/AnotherGlaringChick' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='404'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/anotherglaringchick-2004-eastern-conference-1st-round">via Gfycat</a></p>

Smirkin Dirk 10-16-2019 06:35 AM

The flow offense will always be the goat freestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

bucknut7 10-23-2019 12:34 PM

Really enjoying the 4-out-1-in freelance this year. Seems to be a lot of branches.

Been toying around with some other like Hawks 2018 and Spurs 2018. Anyone else have some favorites?