Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show Equipment Wishlist (/forums/showthread.php?t=959875)

bacon96 10-09-2019 03:14 PM

MLB The Show Equipment Wishlist

Hey all,

I'm sure a number of us have realized that there are some obvious omissions from the equipment options throughout the game. This includes many options we previously had, currently have an option close to, and brands that have yet to be included so I figured it made sense to compile it all here.

Please comment with a brand, a specific equipment item, a version of the equipment, the way equipment is worn, or a new idea below.

Add a picture of a player or a few players who wear the equipment for reference.

I'll add it all to the OP to make it easiest to see for everyone.

---

Brands:
Asics cleats - worn by Shohei Ohtani
Asics batting gloves - worn by Shohei Ohtani
Asics fielding gloves - worn by Shohei Ohtani
Belguard shin guards - used by a ton of hitters
Belguard elbow guards - used by a ton of hitters
Chandler bats - used by Aaron Judge and others
Force3 Pro catcher's gear and masks - worn by Yasmani Grandal, Tyler Flowers and others.
Nokona - fielding gloves
Oakley - sunglasses
Max Bat - bats

New Equipment Items:
Adidas Catcher's Gear
Adidas Compression Sleeves
Mizuno Catcher's Gear
Nike Catcher's Gear
Marucci Catcher's Gear
Head bands
Super High socks/short baseball pants
"Pajama pants" style bagginess for pants
These socks for the Braves
Skimasks or balaclavas or sweatshirts worn underneath uniforms in cold weather games.
"Oven mitt" hand/wrist guards
More retro gear like aviator glasses, flip up sunglasses and a mid option for stirrups.

How it's worn:
Different screens for editing Home, Road and Alternate Equipment - have player model change uniforms to better show changes
Ability to change color of brand labels on Wilson fielding gloves - most customized Wilson gloves are like this
Black label Rawlings fielding gloves that look like this
Pitchers wearing compression sleeves
Team Color options for fielding gloves - players often wear different gloves when they play on different teams
A lighter tan color for the leather of fielding gloves
More color options for editing any equipment - colors like camo, more neons and metallic options
Option to add a C-flap to minor league batting helmets
Pullover and sleeveless jerseys as well as more templates
Wrist tape on top of a compression sleeve
More options when editing catcher's gear
Ability to change the color of the catcher's helmet and what they wear underneath
Accurate looking pine tar with editable lengths/thicknesses
More length options for bat tape
Bigger difference between infielder and outfielder gloves
Expanded bat options like colors, grains, finishes etc.

---

Baseball is Better!

Bartolo Colon 10-09-2019 03:40 PM

Re: MLB The Show Equipment Wishlist

Allow pitchers to wear compression sleeves.

bacon96 10-09-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon (Post 2049934674)
Allow pitchers to wear compression sleeves.

ADDED (10 characters)

ripcandlestickpark 10-09-2019 04:19 PM

Team Color Option For Gloves
  • For example, Gerardo Parra wore an orange glove with the Giants early in the season. It's possible to replicate this in-game by picking specific colors, but having a team color option would make the process simpler. It would also help his glove adapt automatically to the colors of his new team if he's traded away or signs elsewhere as a free agent.

The ability to add chin guards to Minor League players' batting helmets
  • As seen here. Pretty self-explanatory.

Not 100% sure if this falls under the "Equipment" label, but a dedicated template for pullover jerseys would be appreciated as well.

bacon96 10-09-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark (Post 2049934713)
Team Color Option For Gloves
  • For example, Gerardo Parra wore an orange glove with the Giants early in the season. It's possible to replicate this in-game by picking specific colors, but having a team color option would make the process simpler. It would also help his glove adapt automatically to the colors of his new team if he's traded away or signs elsewhere as a free agent.

The ability to add chin guards to Minor League players' batting helmets
  • As seen here. Pretty self-explanatory.

Not 100% sure if this falls under the "Equipment" label, but a dedicated template for pullover jerseys would be appreciated as well.

ADDED (10 characters)

Drty_Windshield 10-09-2019 04:53 PM

1.) With the catchers gear some of the color options are tied to the wrong piece of equipment. Example would be if you wanted blue leg guards outlined in red then you have to have red leg straps as well.

2.) Instead of having the team colors 1, 2 and 3 change colors on the items depending on the uniform configuration, give us the option for home, road and home / road alternate uniform configurations so I know exactly what it will look like as I'm editing items.

3.) COLOR CHANGEABLE CATCHERS HELMETS
Example, if I'm the Braves and I want to wear a hockey style helmet then it has to be red and with the traditional face mask the foam protector has to be red. I would like to be able to change that.

bacon96 10-09-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield (Post 2049934746)
1.) With the catchers gear some of the color options are tied to the wrong piece of equipment. Example would be if you wanted blue leg guards outlined in red then you have to have red leg straps as well.

2.) Instead of having the team colors 1, 2 and 3 change colors on the items depending on the uniform configuration, give us the option for home, road and home / road alternate uniform configurations so I know exactly what it will look like as I'm editing items.

3.) COLOR CHANGEABLE CATCHERS HELMETS
Example, if I'm the Braves and I want to wear a hockey style helmet then it has to be red and with the traditional face mask the foam protector has to be red. I would like to be able to change that.

ADDED (10 characters)

rick diesel 10-09-2019 09:18 PM

A recent trend is wearing the pants cuffed above the knee, rather than below. Started by Hunter Pence a few years ago but now several other players have begun to regularly wear their pants this way. For comparison here is a recent picture of Cameron Maybin wearing his pants above the knee while Judge and Gardner sport the usual below the knee look.