Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   100 nGB UHD BR Disc on PS5 (/forums/showthread.php?t=960799)

mlblover15 11-01-2019 02:54 PM

100 nGB UHD BR Disc on PS5

Ok with them doubling the disc space by going to this format on PS5 how much fo that added space you think... NOT WANT because we all want a great amount of it put toward the franchise m.ode

I am seriously not very optimistic about this at all. With the vast amount of people play DD I have a feeling we as franchise players may get a small few very very few and very small amounts of attention.

I know I would love them put as much as space as it took to get us an expansion mode ala ASB 05. however, I'm a very grounded realist. So I'm expecting franchise mode to get a paint brushing but not a full canvas full of brilliant work.

what are your thoughts on this?

countryboy 11-01-2019 04:24 PM

Re: 100 nGB UHD BR Disc on PS5

I think those who have been wanting expansion and significant updates to franchise mode are going to be pleasantly surprised come the PS5

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Drty_Windshield 11-01-2019 04:51 PM

Personally, I think it'll be damn near impossible for someone to create a baseball game that can fully utilize that much disk space. As it sits right now, the most graphically demanding PC games and the largest open world games ever made barely touch file sizes that big.

Jaysonguy 11-01-2019 05:50 PM

None

Space isn't an issue when it comes to franchise. It's about putting time and resources to what pays, Diamond Dynasty.

Nothing will change next gen because of power or space or anything else. The only thing that will matter is how much money it brings in.

Caulfield 11-01-2019 07:05 PM

I sure hope this means an increase from 90 man organisations to 200+ at some point in the very near future. Oh but those poor OSFM guys! (or whatever those crazy kids are calling it these days)

bravesfan1984 11-01-2019 07:16 PM

I'll believe it when I see it

countryboy 11-01-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2049955835)
I sure hope this means an increase from 90 man organisations to 200+ at some point in the very near future. Oh but those poor OSFM guys! (or whatever those crazy kids are calling it these days)

I don’t know that they will increase to 200 but I’ll be surprised if they don’t expand to 100 to 125 when we get to PS5

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TheWarmWind 11-02-2019 01:37 PM

Seems odd that we are still doing physical media next gen. I ditched physical media ages ago, and looking back, it was such a hassle.

Plus there is the fact that if a disk broke, I'm SoL, whereas if my hard drive breaks, redownloading my games is easy.

Seems like it would just be a formality to me. I mean, there is no way an optical drive is going to load up textures anywhere near as fast as that hard drive tech they are using. I guess it's just another way to distribute the game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app