Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Draft Question Can someone please help (/forums/showthread.php?t=960895)

niftyjets 11-04-2019 10:13 AM

Draft Question Can someone please help

So we are about to do our first online franchise draft and we have been noticing when scouting that a lot of lower round players and even undrafted players have 1st or 3rd round talent etc. Does that mean they will have high OVR ratings when we draft them or does it mean lower ratings but a good developement trait?

thanks

Richie71 11-04-2019 10:24 AM

Re: Draft Question Can someone please help

Both! Plus, sometimes, they're wrong.....as scouts are.

noah1212 11-05-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niftyjets (Post 2049957952)
So we are about to do our first online franchise draft and we have been noticing when scouting that a lot of lower round players and even undrafted players have 1st or 3rd round talent etc. Does that mean they will have high OVR ratings when we draft them or does it mean lower ratings but a good developement trait?

thanks

It’s a mixed bag, just like players in the first round. Look for new stories and combine stats to give you some help. I’ve had hidden first rounders who were originally placed in r4-7 end up being 70+, I’ve also gotten low 60s. Totally depends.

Usually, in my experience, to get a “superstar x factor” who is 75+ from the start, you’re picking in the first round, typically in the first 10 picks especially in a user league, cpu tends to miss some easy hints and you can occasionally scoop me up even if you made the playoffs

TheDominator273 11-05-2019 04:51 PM

Sounds like you're using a custom draft class where player ratings are over inflated causing the true talent system to think they are much better than their projected round.

garry1221 11-05-2019 05:04 PM

From my experience, those players have a higher OVR than others in their projected round. Occasional dev trait, but far from guaranteed. Usually 65 - 69 OVR is what I've seen. Most prospects that you describe have been O line. This year you can really find solid linesmen later in the draft. I started holding off on drafting O line because of this, unless a dev trait is all but guaranteed.

ParaAut 11-06-2019 09:21 AM

If you are in a 32 man CFM, then these late round and undrafted gems get drafted as early as the 2nd round and are usually gone by the 2nd round.

Typicall they can have high 60's OVR or even low 70's which classifies them absolutely as late 1st/early 2nd round picks and you're not wrong if you draft them late in the 1st. In most draft classes there are only 20-30 guys 70+, so these late round guys are pretty good.

However, basically 95% of players from round 2 to 7 are between 63 and 68 OVR. So 1-2 OVR more or less doesn't really make the player a lot worse, but drops him in value according to madden maybe 3 rounds. It's very close - and like in real, you can find some pretty good role players there which are very good in one thing, but not so good overall players.

oneamongthefence 11-06-2019 09:50 AM

I think it pretty much correlates to overall in relation to that draft class. They did lower rookies quite a bit this year in draft classes so even a 65 overall player isn't neccesarily a bad pick. I don't think dev traits are factored into it.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

PhillyPhanatic14 11-06-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2049959804)
I think it pretty much correlates to overall in relation to that draft class. They did lower rookies quite a bit this year in draft classes so even a 65 overall player isn't neccesarily a bad pick. I don't think dev traits are factored into it.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

100% this. You can always find 1st and 2nd round grades for O Linemen that are supposed to go in the 3rd-7th rounds. I just scouted a Center last night that's an early 2nd round talent and supposed to go in the 5th. Of course, the AI knows this too and will draft them earlier than what it says.