Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   AI impossible games [Franchise] (/forums/showthread.php?t=960957)

MrXtrmntr 11-05-2019 01:25 PM

AI impossible games [Franchise]

Winning 50 - 7 first game, and a close win the week after.

Game 3 - throwing 5 INT in 2nd half, and every runplay is shut down.

I have no problem losing, as it makes it realistic and fun. But it seems that AI has some kind of catchup "skill", that makes it "impossible" to win certain games.

Any thoughts?

noah1212 11-05-2019 02:35 PM

Re: AI impossible games [Franchise]

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrXtrmntr (Post 2049959052)

I have no problem losing, as it makes it realistic and fun. But it seems that AI has some kind of catchup "skill", that makes it "impossible" to win certain games.

Any thoughts?

No way to know without watching, and knowing what happened. Could it be the 3rd team you faved was very good?

Jagsfan24 11-06-2019 11:52 AM

As frustrated as i would probably be like you in that situation, i try to sit back and think that something similar could happen in real life. Some teams can win 2 games in a row and then run into a brick wall (have a bad day) the following week

If you think the game was way out of hand (which 5 ints would seem so) then just quit the game and retry it, it usually "refreshes" the cpu lol

TheSedated 11-07-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagsfan24 (Post 2049959883)
If you think the game was way out of hand (which 5 ints would seem so) then just quit the game and retry it, it usually "refreshes" the cpu lol

And that is a huge problem in games vs. CPU, in my opinion. There are games where nothing works, no receivers open, no runs working, INTs which are very awkward, your own D doing nothing at all. Restart the game and you have a decent game going. Another restart can make the game impossible to win, again. Or somehow the other teams play like they're in middle school and you blow them out of the stadium. Not the slightest bit of consistency. Many times this feels like it doesn't matter how good you play the game, the results are predetermined by a RNG before the Kickoff.

I do understand that there needs to be some kind of predetermination, like homefield advantage on a division game or a team with 3-wins-in-a-row being motivated to get a fiurth win. But it shouldn't be recognizable to this extent.

ggsimmonds 11-07-2019 01:30 PM

Wonder if the AI from the first game felt the same way

kennylc321 11-08-2019 03:11 PM

But no issues when you won 50-7.

Shosum13 11-08-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrXtrmntr (Post 2049959052)

Any thoughts?

I actually like this, sometimes teams just have a bad game for no good reason at all. It happens all of the time, especially at the NFL level where even the "bad" teams are still professionals and can have a great day and even the "good" teams can have a bad day and lose a game they shouldn't. Since the latest patch I have gotten a few games played in one of my side franchises. The first two I won fairly close contests where I ended up winning by around 10 points in each of them. Then my 3rd game against the Texans I was quickly humbled, it was a nasty rain game riddled with mistakes, bad throws, dropped passes, and lots of WRs falling down on routes leading to sacks. I got beat pretty bad by almost 30 points if I remember correctly and I wasn't even mad at it i just accepted that my team had a bad game which is an outlier. This was on all madden with sliders, personally since the last patch the game has been playing pretty good vs the CPU.

Qcsports4 11-08-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSedated (Post 2049960711)
And that is a huge problem in games vs. CPU, in my opinion. There are games where nothing works, no receivers open, no runs working, INTs which are very awkward, your own D doing nothing at all. Restart the game and you have a decent game going. Another restart can make the game impossible to win, again. Or somehow the other teams play like they're in middle school and you blow them out of the stadium. Not the slightest bit of consistency. Many times this feels like it doesn't matter how good you play the game, the results are predetermined by a RNG before the Kickoff.

I do understand that there needs to be some kind of predetermination, like homefield advantage on a division game or a team with 3-wins-in-a-row being motivated to get a fiurth win. But it shouldn't be recognizable to this extent.

I know exactly what that is! It happens in nearly every EA Sports game(Madden,NHL especially). I call it the First Game Glitch. It occurs whenever you first turn on the game. The first game you play,it's like the CPU A.I. is playing maxed out. You can't run,passes are always broken up,nothing goes right for you. What I do is play a little part of a a game in play now,quit it then start your franchise/another play now game and the CPU A.I. will play according to how you've set up the sliders.