Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You? (/forums/showthread.php?t=961159)

Steve_OS 11-11-2019 12:45 PM

OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?

We've reached the halfway point of the NFL season, and we're still coming off the high...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.

Therebelyell626 11-11-2019 12:51 PM

Re: OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?

Back in the day almost 6 months per cycle. Nowadays I am lucky if I am not sick of a game after 2 weekends. I am strictly an office player and sports games are just not engaging like they used to be. Combined with the fact that game get absolutely butchered by patches to accommodate the online crowd, I just don’t have the stomach for these games anymore

Eyeman79 11-11-2019 02:17 PM

Depends on the game of course -the current yearly release major sports titles are usually good for the length of the actual season. On the other hand I still play Earl Weaver Baseball on my Amiga so go figure.

tril 11-11-2019 04:03 PM

I agree with Matthew Ederer.
-Im still playing CH2k8, NCAA11 ps2, NCAA 14 ps3-occasionally, NBA2k15.
MLB THE SHOW 15 still playing my season modes 29 game. MLB2k12, and Ill get in 1 season of NFL2k5 every year.

in the last 3 years with the newer titles, Ive yet to get a full season on any. might be because of the releases dates being so close together, that I cant get immersed in any one. Im speaking of Madden, NBA2k, and the soccer titles.

havent played a full season of any madden game since maybe MAdden12 on the ps3.

underdog13 11-11-2019 07:20 PM

Assuming I get it on or near the release date:

The Show: Allstar break/ 4th of July
Madden: Sometime in January.

mpklub 11-11-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tril (Post 2049963976)
I agree with Matthew Ederer.
-Im still playing CH2k8, NCAA11 ps2, NCAA 14 ps3-occasionally, NBA2k15.
MLB THE SHOW 15 still playing my season modes 29 game. MLB2k12, and Ill get in 1 season of NFL2k5 every year.

in the last 3 years with the newer titles, Ive yet to get a full season on any. might be because of the releases dates being so close together, that I cant get immersed in any one. Im speaking of Madden, NBA2k, and the soccer titles.

havent played a full season of any madden game since maybe MAdden12 on the ps3.

This is me as well with sports games and all other games too. My backlog is so massive that I never buy games day 1. The exception will be NCAA football if it comes back.

On the sports front I am playing through seasons/Dynasties in NCAA 12 and 14, MLB The Show 17, NBA 2K17, and WWE 2K19. No intention of upgrading these any time soon.

At this point I'll just wait for next gen and see what the new consoles have to offer. Sports games, to me, often feel like a roster refresh that isn't worth it annually.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

24kGame 11-12-2019 07:20 AM

Usually get a year out of 2k but this year I stopped playing entirely after a few weeks. Too many fun stopping bugs, money grabs, VC pits, updates and lack of accountability by Devs spoiled it for me.

TarHeelPhenom 11-12-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therebelyell626 (Post 2049963824)
Back in the day almost 6 months per cycle. Nowadays I am lucky if I am not sick of a game after 2 weekends. I am strictly an office player and sports games are just not engaging like they used to be. Combined with the fact that game get absolutely butchered by patches to accommodate the online crowd, I just don’t have the stomach for these games anymore

This pretty much sums up where I am. I think the NCAA Football series getting cut short took a lot of the fun of gaming out of me. I pretty much still play NCAA 14 more than any other title...and now as the years go on even that is becoming sporadic. I don't have the same amount of time as I used to being 44 with my wife and family. So, my gaming time has pretty much been cut to weekends at night when everyone is asleep. That's not enough time to really do anything other than play now games.

I've been on a retro binge lately so right now I've dug back into Fight Night Champion and NBA Live 10. I also purchased me an OG XBOX and modded it and bought several of the best sports games from 2004-2007. My goal is to try and get a Dynasty in on MVP NCAA Baseball 06 starting around the holidays when I have a few days off. I also have ESPN College Hoops that I wanna do a Legacy mode in. It's just hit or miss.