Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Draft strategy (/forums/showthread.php?t=961528)

reyes the roof 11-21-2019 03:41 PM

Draft strategy

What’s your strategy for trying to land guys that you scouted that you discovered have a higher grade after scouting? If a guy was initially a 3rd round grade and you scout him and it reveals he has a first round grade, is there any chance he’ll be available late 2nd round? I’m trying to put my draft board together tonight and I don’t want to draft anyone too early but I don’t want to wait too long and miss out either

infinite76 11-21-2019 03:47 PM

Re: Draft strategy

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyes the roof (Post 2049971540)
What’s your strategy for trying to land guys that you scouted that you discovered have a higher grade after scouting? If a guy was initially a 3rd round grade and you scout him and it reveals he has a first round grade, is there any chance he’ll be available late 2nd round? I’m trying to put my draft board together tonight and I don’t want to draft anyone too early but I don’t want to wait too long and miss out either

If you are drafting against the computer, he will be there in the 2nd. 3rd you pushing it. But it also depends on how they draft. On my last draft, I was getting 70+ rated hidden superstar 1st round graded people all the way to the 4th round. It was just one of those drafts. Cause I have had some with only a few people like that and the rest were meh.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

underdog13 11-21-2019 05:21 PM

Something that happened to me

Projected 6th round QB but after scouting put him as a 4th rounder. He had A- Thp, B+ sac, B mac.

Turned out not to be true, has like 87thp, 81sac, 77mac.

Late round guys might not actually meet their letter grades.

reyes the roof 11-21-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdog13 (Post 2049971634)

Projected 6th round QB but after scouting put him as a 4th rounder. He had A- Thp, B+ sac, B mac.

I’m glad to hear it’s not an exact science. I’m hoping for some unpredictability but at the same time I’d like to be able to get a general feel when most guys are drafted

webbjay82 11-22-2019 09:01 AM

I usually have a rule that I can only reach one round for a guy. If he is projected in the 5th round I will draft him at in the 4th at the earliest. Which anyone outside of the 1st rd I only scout the first 2 attributes to make it a little harder for me.

Ueauvan 11-22-2019 01:26 PM

underdog, from what ive seen and heard b should be 77. grades are lower ratings than last year

JoshC1977 11-22-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdog13 (Post 2049971634)

Actually he met the letter grades perfectly. They're different this year...basically a two level difference (if you count +, -, and straight letter as three distinct levels). So a B+ last year is a B- this year or an A is more like a B+.

swankyjax 11-22-2019 02:23 PM

Based on my experience I don't typically see the AI picking greater than 1.5 rounds early. Make sure to take into account whether they're early, mid, or late round graded.

If a player was initially 5L but scouting says they're worth a 3M the latest I'd probably wait would be 4E.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk