Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 13 Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=961806)

ProfessaPackMan 11-28-2019 12:39 PM

Week 13 Discussion Thread

Entering the final stretch run of the season over these final 5 weeks of the season.

3304Life 11-28-2019 12:54 PM

Re: Week 13 Discussion Thread

It looks like a weak Thanksgiving slate but 7-7 after 4 minutes in the first game is a good start.

The Chef 11-28-2019 12:54 PM

Second game of a brutal stretch for the Niners. Had confidence we could beat GB and feel we can beat NO but this weeks game against Baltimore is a totally different animal. If we can somehow solve the conundrum that is Lamar Jackson and keep him from running all over us then I like our chances but no team has yet so not overly optimistic we will be the first. Fred Warner is going to have to have a big game and our ends will need to contain otherwise this is going to be a long game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jeebs9 11-28-2019 01:34 PM

Did anyone think that onside kick was on purpose?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jeebs9 11-28-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 2049976364)
Second game of a brutal stretch for the Niners. Had confidence we could beat GB and feel we can beat NO but this weeks game against Baltimore is a totally different animal. If we can somehow solve the conundrum that is Lamar Jackson and keep him from running all over us then I like our chances but no team has yet so not overly optimistic we will be the first. Fred Warner is going to have to have a big game and our ends will need to contain otherwise this is going to be a long game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been going through all their game since Sunday (for this season). And I can't find anything to latch on. Like you said... The Ends have to have a worldly game. Watching Pat's and Seahawks game even their ends were completely fooled at times. Ravens run a lot Wham or Belly sets. Can't can get a beat on their tendencies. I was thinking blitz strong side or wide side of the field. The biggest thing is if they hand it off a few times on those belly or Wham sets. Your end crashes after a while or he becomes hesitant. Lamar Jackson is so fast, one false move and none of your ends can contain him on the outside. It happen to Collin (from the Pats) bunch of times. Where he actually stayed home. But in between him making a decision... Lamar already had a angle on him.

One thing I think could... I mean one that could slow them down. I haven't seen any teams (only a few) try to confuse Lamar by dropping into zone coverages on running down (but it has to be heavy disguised). Chargers run a nice scheme in the playoffs with a lot of safeties on the field. It worked. But I don't think it will work this time around.

Blzer 11-28-2019 02:19 PM

10/10 halftime show start. Would watch again.

I half-expected a ref to come out and say: "There are penalties on both sides. Country music playing, Brothers Osbourne. Technical difficulties, Ford Field. Those penalties offset. Replay halftime show."

Gotta bookend that opening kickoff a little bit, ya know?

jeebs9 11-28-2019 02:28 PM

Here is one of those plays. This isn't a read option. This is a straight up design run for Jackson. But watch the ends. They are literally letting them in lol. Obviously trapping the left end lol.

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/BouncyPoorAlbino' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='404'></iframe>

https://gfycat.com/bouncypooralbino

Edit: power down for the halftime show lol

fugazi 11-28-2019 07:00 PM

Dak has returned to form.

This team does not understand that he can't be trusted to consistently manage a 40 attempt load. Bad decisions, holds the ball too long, oddly thrown passes... seems top not handle pressure.