Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   OS Roundtable: What's the One Thing You Want From Next-Gen Sports Games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=962067)

Steve_OS 12-05-2019 09:30 AM

OS Roundtable: What's the One Thing You Want From Next-Gen Sports Games?

What's the number one thing you want from next-gen sports games? Joel Smith: Stability. As we...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.

ToughJuice 12-05-2019 10:12 AM

Kevin is on point, AI really needs to move ahead. The other thing Id want to see is Full customization. If I want to start my NFL league in 1979 with 28 teams and 3 divisions I should be able to.*

PickledMink04 12-05-2019 10:32 AM

I just want the Teams to go back and play all the sports games around 2004 to 2007 and just see the depth those games had.* *I still play Madden, NCAA, NASCAR, NHL 2004 - 2006.* *They had a lot to do and was really fun to play for hours.* * Today's games is all about UT which we all know is the reason we are in this current mess.

Scribe1980 12-05-2019 12:08 PM

Re: OS Roundtable: What's the One Thing You Want From Next-Gen Sports Games?

*A finished product out the box.

*No changing of core elements of game play, the game you purchased, via patches to suit the whims are card players who think they aren't hitting enough home runs or scoring enough goals. I've come to fear all patches, something I did not last gen.

* Full customization. Wanna put the Brewers back in the American League? You should be able to do that. Wanna ditch the 8-div NFL setup and go back to six, same, etc etc.

Gotmadskillzson 12-05-2019 12:56 PM

Coach mode.*

statum71 12-05-2019 02:35 PM

Re: OS Roundtable: What's the One Thing You Want From Next-Gen Sports Games?

I’m with Jeff Botkin.

I would love more realism across the board. Not to say AI and gameplay aren’t important. But I love it when a sports game feels “alive.”

statum71 12-05-2019 02:57 PM

OS Roundtable: What's the One Thing You Want From Next-Gen Sports Games?

Assuming the next gen systems will have a lot more capabilities, I’d like to see the deep modes be capable of supporting more than one team or user.

Ex:
FIFA career mode
PES Master League
WWE Road to WrestleMania
UFC Career mode
Nascar career mode.....

Modes like these I’d love to see become capable of supporting all teams or support all user control. It would a world of fun if you’re like me and enjoy experiencing 100% of everything about your league or season mode. 2K and The Show have come closest so far.

tril 12-05-2019 03:17 PM

for better AI, a better implementation of *VIP could be used. * I don't think developers focus on user tendencies enough when programming the CPU AI. * *everyone has tendencies, so it would be great to force users to adjust on the fly both offensively and defensively.

when I think of computer AI I always point to chess games. * *On the higher levels of sports games, programmers could program the AI to be just as difficult. *
we won't get true realism *until user tendencies become the main focus for AI reaction and behavior. **