Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   PA Jailbreak Screen (/forums/showthread.php?t=962162)

reyes the roof 12-07-2019 09:30 PM

PA Jailbreak Screen

Any tips on how to run this play? Every time I run it I end up getting sacked as soon as I finish the play fake

Rmiok222 12-07-2019 10:45 PM

Re: PA Jailbreak Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyes the roof (Post 2049982831)
Any tips on how to run this play? Every time I run it I end up getting sacked as soon as I finish the play fake

I can’t run any WR screens for the life of me. Period. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

NoQuarterPirate 12-07-2019 11:00 PM

The key to running any of the screen plays in my opinion is the defensive leverage and alignment. Since you are using time time to fake the run on this one, if the D is sending a lot of heat you’re wasting time getting the ball out due to the need for your blockers to get a release on the jailbreak. Pre-snap, look at the alignment of the playside OLB and CB. If the CB is well off the WR you should be able to make the catch and get yards using the RAC catch and immediately working off the block of the CB. Typically the jailbreak comes back inside off the hips of your linemen, but since it’s madden you’ll probably end up bending it back out right away. The other key is the OLB alignment. If you know he’s been rushing off the edge and the CB is off, you’re set. If the OLB is not split between the WR and tackle, it’s easy money. If he is and is usually dropping into a zone, in my experience with madden, he will probably blow the play up somehow. Also, as soon as you come off the fake you have to throw a laser beam to the WR. I know that was a huge post but I hope it helps. I coach high school ball and run a screen like that and I look for leverage / alignment of the OLB and CB if it’s something I want to call.

NoQuarterPirate 12-07-2019 11:08 PM

[quote=Rmiok222;2049982879]I can’t run any WR screens for the life of me. Period. lol

Can’t say for sure for Madden 20 but I found the bubble screen to be a great play for a few easy yards or more on Madden 18. As long as you have some decent blockers out wide and the bubble guy is either uncovered or is defended by a deep safety, it’s too easy. Throw it as soon as you get the snap and RAC catch it and get wide. Too easy.....at least on 18 lol

GameBreaker35 12-07-2019 11:54 PM

You can’t interrupt the fake-handoff unfortunately, but if you can get the throw off, it’s usually an explosive play.

High-risk, high reward.

UtahUtes32 12-08-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyes the roof (Post 2049982831)

This particular play is broken, to answer your question directly. I get sacked EVERY time I run it.

kennylc321 12-09-2019 04:17 PM

I believe the RT will abort the play action animation. I think that's what you are wanting.

OhMrHanky 12-09-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpycraig (Post 2049982977)
This particular play is broken, to answer your question directly. I get sacked EVERY time I run it.

Lol. I’ve hated PA plays for a few years, now, in madden. It seems every single time I run any PA, whichever side my QB rolls out to is where there D gets off the block quickest. And/or, they’ve got an overload to that side. Now, I’ve started looking at this pre-snap a little better and simply audibling out of it.

I hate to use the term, ‘broken,’ but I do feel PA has been broken for years. It never fakes out the D, number 1. So, even if you’ve been running well in the game and u hit a PA at the perfect time, often, the DE or OLB just doesn’t go for the RB hardcore. If they did, you’d get that extra second or 2 to throw the ball well. I’ve taken a million insta-sacks on PA plays over the years. Lol. And, while Matt Ryan does take too many sacks, irl (due to the poor offensive line, imo), he’s actually a good PA guy, especially when we run the ball well (which we also have not done much this year, lol). But, in terms of a video game playing based on ratings and whatnot, I’ve always felt PA doesn’t work well enough for my dirty birds and Matt Ryan.

In terms of wr screens, I try to really look at the wr and try to time it to allow the other wr to block appropriately. This can play out sort of realistically as timing is really impt in those, irl.

RB screens, I absolutely do not control the QB. I simply let the cpu do the dropback, and, again, timing is impt as I try to throw my pass as the RB starts to break out. I still take some sacks on some nonsense, but I can get some decent screens in from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk