Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge (/forums/showthread.php?t=962258)

Collegefbfan 12-10-2019 04:44 PM

Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge

Anyone give some tips on this? What defensive formations have this? Also, try to explain this next part better.

Do I have to pick a formation that has the picture show the LB blitzing from outside edge? Or can I pick a formation and just blitz a LB from the outside? What do you look for when recruiting and wanting a LB for blitzing from edge?

AKEjcl41 12-10-2019 09:01 PM

Re: Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge

Speed, agility (change of direction) and finesse moves. Against a tackle with no TE, rush upfield on his outside shoulder and cut inside the tackle before he engages, you'll run right by untouched to the qb. in other shotgun sets I play as the db or lb and line up outside and defend the read option. Two te sets or wings, I play as a middle backer and fill or cover hook to curls.

Collegefbfan 12-10-2019 11:37 PM

Lets say a team lines up on offense with a TE on one side. Can I just move my blitzing player go to the other side of the line? I remember playing 06, and there was this one play where it was dime I believe. But the inner CB on the right would blitz. I would bring him to the edge of the line and get 5 or 6 sacks a game. Any other ideas be appreciated.

AKEjcl41 12-11-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegefbfan (Post 2049984997)
Lets say a team lines up on offense with a TE on one side. Can I just move my blitzing player go to the other side of the line? I remember playing 06, and there was this one play where it was dime I believe. But the inner CB on the right would blitz. I would bring him to the edge of the line and get 5 or 6 sacks a game. Any other ideas be appreciated.

Yeah, square + R2 will flip your play. Guys might switch sides of the field depending on your formation.

Phil Spiderman 12-11-2019 08:08 AM

If you are looking to play a style where you get 5 or 6 sacks a game with a CB, there is no point in talking strategy. Just put the game on freshman difficulty and win every game by 150 points. Have fun.

Collegefbfan 12-11-2019 10:05 AM

Nah, not quite my style of play. If my dynasty games are looked at in the thread, I don’t play NCAA like that. Just using it as an example.

AKEjcl41 12-11-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegefbfan (Post 2049985194)
Nah, not quite my style of play. If my dynasty games are looked at in the thread, I don’t play NCAA like that. Just using it as an example.

Who cares? Play the game however you want. :y220b:

xToXiCxSAVAGEx 12-11-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegefbfan (Post 2049984997)

You can bring anybody you want on a blitz. If they’re supposed to play a zone you can still rush with them. You can flip your play if you want. You can hot route a defender to blitz.