Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   I got suckered again! (/forums/showthread.php?t=962383)

JimmyDeicide 12-13-2019 11:17 PM

I got suckered again!

I swore i wasnt going to buy this garbage any more, but i played the demo over Thanksgiving and got sucked in with the sale.
I enjoyed it for a bit until i started seeing my defensmen still just idley standing buy and not reacting as usual.
Latest patch improved things a little but then i start seeing my centre halfs just running out of position, leaving their mark and just sprint out of the box leaving the player open who is then passed to and the AI score.
Next game same thing. Diabolical.

It has some good stuff in there so i was willing to keep going so i go edit few kits and do some tactics.
Guess what . Tactics dont save on xbox all revert back to default garbage.

Point of this post besides my frustration for over paying for this **** even at half price is am i missing something with the tactics not saving?
Im only playing local matches against AI for now but i did try a league to see if they saved but no.
Cheers,
Another ripped off customer.

lareka 12-14-2019 01:36 AM

Re: I got suckered again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide (Post 2049987115)
I swore i wasnt going to buy this garbage any more, but i played the demo over Thanksgiving and got sucked in with the sale.
I enjoyed it for a bit until i started seeing my defensmen still just idley standing buy and not reacting as usual.
Latest patch improved things a little but then i start seeing my centre halfs just running out of position, leaving their mark and just sprint out of the box leaving the player open who is then passed to and the AI score.
Next game same thing. Diabolical.

It has some good stuff in there so i was willing to keep going so i go edit few kits and do some tactics.
Guess what . Tactics dont save on xbox all revert back to default garbage.

Point of this post besides my frustration for over paying for this **** even at half price is am i missing something with the tactics not saving?
Im only playing local matches against AI for now but i did try a league to see if they saved but no.
Cheers,
Another ripped off customer.

"then i start seeing my centre halfs just running out of position"
This will ONLY happen if you apply press manually or automatically via tactics, of course they move forward then to lose their attacker.

If you want to guarantee a man staying at the back, you can drag one of your center backs to the Sweeper spot , just in front of the keeeper so he can play safety for you.

Which difficulty setting you are playing at?

JimmyDeicide 12-14-2019 11:14 AM

playing on top player with Liverpool so i guess their probably pressing automatically.
The sprinting out of the box is just a bad code or something they are not going to the ball or anything just getting out the way so the AI has a clear pass.

If the tactics dont save how am i supposed to adjust to a sweeper? manually ?every game?
'aint going to happen.

lareka 12-16-2019 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide (Post 2049987348)
playing on top player with Liverpool so i guess their probably pressing automatically.
The sprinting out of the box is just a bad code or something they are not going to the ball or anything just getting out the way so the AI has a clear pass.

If the tactics dont save how am i supposed to adjust to a sweeper? manually ?every game?
'aint going to happen.

Liverpool is gegenpressing, you have to cancel it from tactics and also you should instruct your team on tactics screen to get behind the ball, not press, you should do pressing manually.

I played against Liverpool a lot in Master League, they press the hell out of me but it's easy to find goal opportunities if you play smart as they take a lot of risks pressing up front, defenders go out of position with one-twos and through balls on default Liverpool tactic

JimmyDeicide 12-16-2019 08:20 PM

center halfs dont gegenpress. Its crap programming.
Nothing to do with tactics.

Anthraticus 02-01-2020 05:26 PM

3 & 5 in the PS2 era had the best d.

stevostl 02-03-2020 04:35 PM

well for me.. I just started playing PES again this last month because I'm so sick of how glitchy FIFA is online.. it's broken and way to arcadish for me. I refuse to play any mode in FIFA at the moment except pro clubs (which is the greatest sports game video mode of all time)

PES2020 right now is the only game i play at the moment,,, I like playing Myclub against cpu and then once in awhile taking my team online. I got a great club and spent no extra money except for buying the legend edition

I buy both football games every year since they existed but usually play FIFA mostly but this year I can't stand 1 v 1 fifa online in seasons with how glitchy and arcadish it is. it's basically this every match online.. if you score the other team gets a boost can go right down the pitch and score every time. Things like this don't happen in PES... the only mode worth playing in fifa this year imo is pro clubs online... any other mode online is BS and not worth playing.

PES is enjoyable this year for sure and I would say easily the best PES I ever played since PES5.. and currently my football and only video game of choice at the moment....

I think this game should get sports game of the year recognition even.. as for me it's the best sports game this year.. it beats FIFA, NHL, NBA2K, and MLB... i don't even consider Madden in the competition as that imo is the worst sports game out of all of them and it's not even close

nba2k and PES are the 2 on top though and I say PES beats NBA this year only because I'm pretty biased towards football games.

dsk 02-21-2020 07:28 AM

PES 20 has gone from being brilliant in the demo to being total rubbish and finally has arrived at being pretty decent. That being said, as we play almost every night, PES 19 is our PES of choice. it's just better across the board.