Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2020 Gaming Plans (/forums/showthread.php?t=963122)

LowerWolf 01-04-2020 06:25 PM

2020 Gaming Plans

Next gen likely coming in the fall. I'm really not that excited for it. At least not yet. I have so many PS4 games still to finish, I may just wait awhile for the PS5.

Right now, I have no plans to get anything this year. Although I'm sure that will change. I'm kind of burned out on sports games, so I'm planning to stick with MLB 19, Madden 20 and 2K20 this year.

Currently playing Jed Fallen Order. I still need to finish Spider-Man and I want to take another shot at The Witcher 3. That one has been sitting in my backlog for years now.

Bard 01-04-2020 06:33 PM

Re: 2020 Gaming Plans

I'm hoping to keep it simple. I have zero plans on purchasing anything as of right now.

Playing:
MLB 19 the Show
WWE 2K19
Modern Warfare
Fortnite
No Man's Sky
Minecraft
Mario Kart
Mario Rabbids

Need to finish:
Red Dead Redemption II
Skyrim
Witcher 3
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Donkey Kong

Buys:
TBD

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Picci 01-04-2020 09:31 PM

Good news is my sons have games like the Jedi and Days Gone that I can always start playing when I have the time. The bad news is there's just so little time. Surprises aside, just a few must haves for me this year. Most of my maybes can be discount bargain buys. This is good. Time to start catching up with my back logs.

As for 2020;

<u><b>Current Playing Rotation</b></u>
<i>War Thunder</i>
<i>MLB The Show 20</i>
<i>Death Stranding</i>
<i>Jurassic World Evolution | Return To Jurassic Park</i>:
<i>Sudden Strike 4: The Complete Collection </i>
<i>The Last of Us 2</i>

No Man's Sky
The Division 2
Dreams
NBA 2K20 - <i>Brooklyn season completed during semi-round loss to Bucks 4-1. Championship a bust as Lakers go 4-0 on Bucks.</i>

<u><b>Release Day Purchases</b></u>
Iron Man VR - 7/3
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Madden 21 - 8/28
Star Wars: Squadron - 10/2

<u><b>Maybe</b></u>
<s>Resident Evil 3 Remake</s> - 4/3
Sniper Elite VR
<s>Predator: Hunting Grounds </s> - 4/24
The Walking Dead: Onslaught VR
NHL 21
Watch Dogs: Legion
Alvo VR
Insurgency: Sandstorm- 8/25
Cyberpunk 2077 - 9/17
Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2
Returnal

<u><b>Bargain Bins</b></u>
Resident Evil 8: Village
Ghost of Tsusuhima - 7/17
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners VR - 5/5
Paper Beasts - 3/24
NBA 2K21
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare
<s><i>LA Noire: The VR Case Files</i></s>
Shadow Legend VR
Resident Evil 2
<s><i>Sudden Strike 4: The Complete Collection </i></s>
<s>Ghost Recon: BreakPoint</s>
Telltale The Walking Dead: The Final Season
Control
Frostpunk
<s><i>Days Gone </i></s>
<s><i>Robinson: The Journey </i></s>
Dream Match Tennis VR
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered

Smallville102001 01-05-2020 01:02 AM

I don't known yet what i am going to buy this year out side of a few games. I am planing on getting Watch dogs legions. I never played the first 2 but thought this one looked cool from what has been shown. Also have my eye on gods and monsters need more info on it though. I am sure i will have more of a list later but right now i don't its not a big deal though because my backlog is big and most likely i will always have some kind of backlog. I don't really known what i am going to buy for a few reasons.

1. We don't really known what is coming to the switch yet this year. Should have a much better idea after we get are first 2020 direct. Last year switch was loaded with games though.

2. Ps5- I tend to buy systems on day 1 and i would say its likely I will buy ps5 on day 1 to. I am ready the big reason is I am ready for 4k and like full 4k on most games. I don't have a pro only regular ps4. So I have not gotten to play any thing in 4k before and I think simple going from 1080p game play to 4k will make the jump pretty big. Now if you are going from pro and some 4k i think the jump will seem a lot smaller. I am not 100% sure if I will buy the system on day 1 or wait for a little bit even though I would say I am likely to. Need to known launch games and price. If a Horizon zero dawn 2 is a launch game and I think that is likely then I am day 1. Or if a new ratchet and clank game is launch game I am day 1. Also really hoping the rumors about ps5 playing all ps1-ps4 games is true. With so many rumors about it I would fell kind of let down if its not true. I never had a ps1 or ps2 but would love to be able to save the space and not have to have ps3 and 4 plugged in. I am running out of like space having so many things plugged into my tv. Also we do known ps5 will play 4k bluray movies. So I know when the time comes I will not have to have my 4k player plugged in.

IHateDuke32 01-05-2020 08:00 AM

I'm currently playing a little bit of...

NBA 2K20
MLB The Show 19
Madden 20
Resident Evil 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Mario Party on the Switch (the only video game I can get my wife to play with me lol)

I plan on getting/have already pre-ordered...

MLB The Show 20
Resident Evil 3
The Last of Us 2

And I'll definitely grab a PS5 when it comes out. Not sure what games I'll get with it, but most likely NBA 2K21, assuming it's a launch title. With all of this talk about The Witcher, game and Netflix series, I might also grab The Witcher 3 since I've never played it.

Armor and Sword 01-05-2020 08:41 AM

Currently Playing:

MLB The Show 19
Madden 16
Madden 20
NCAA 14
Fallout 4 - 50% complete
The Witcher 3 - 50% complete
Super Blood Hockey
NHL 19
NBA 2K18
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Plan to Purchase:

Cyberpunk 2077
The Last Of Us Part 2
Star Wars Fallen Order

Backlog In the Que for 2020:

Spiderman
Divinity Original Sin 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Assassins Creed Origins
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Batman The Tell Tale Series Season 1 and 2
Life is Strange Season 1
MSG V The Phantom Pain
Bioshock Collection
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Jurassic World Evolution
Metro Redux
Metro Exodus

So we got a massive backlog that will keep me busy and the primary reason.....no PS5 for me in 2020 or even 2021 most likely.

countryboy 01-05-2020 09:44 AM

Right now I don't have any plans other than to purchase MLB The Show '20, The Last of Us 2, and a PS5.

That's it.

I'm sure things will change as we are only 5 days into the new year, but when I'm not playing MLB '19, I find myself playing mostly retro games (Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis, playing thru Super Mario Bros series on NES)

I don't know, I'm finding myself more enticed by the retro games rather than anything on the current/next gen consoles, aside from the 2 games I mentioned.

peter42O 01-05-2020 01:10 PM

2020 is going to be one hell of a year for gaming. A few game of the generation contenders will be releasing as well as next gen consoles in November. Future game wise, I only have 8 thus far for the first half of 2020 but a few of them are 50/50 or will be backlogged.

BACKLOG
JANUARY - FEBRUARY - MARCH
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
3. Ratchet & Clank
4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

After buying Shadow of War and Breakpoint digitally the other day, my backlog increased from two to four games but thankfully, the first quarter is practically empty for me in regards to new releases so I should be able to eliminate all four games completely over the next three months. First up will be RDR 2 which I will finally start tomorrow.

All games will be played on PS4 Pro unless stated otherwise. Asterisk denotes games that are 50/50.

FEBRUARY
02/14 - Darksiders Genesis

MARCH
03/13 - Nioh 2 *

APRIL
04/03 - REmake3
04/16 - Cyberpunk 2077 *
04/24 - Trails of Mana Remake *

MAY
05/15 - The Avengers
05/19 - Wasteland 3 *
05/29 - The Last of Us Part II

- Nioh 2 depends on if I can use Save Wizard like I did with the first game in order to max out my health and stamina. If so, game will be completed. If not, game will be eliminated.

- Cyberpunk 2077 depends on if a next gen port gets confirmed for launch. I'm hoping for a delay to year's end so it can be a cross-gen launch title as I would much rather play it on a next gen console than PS4 Pro.

- Trials of Mana Remake depends on what GamingBolt reviews it as well as overall impressions from those I watch on YouTube and follow on Twitter.

- Wasteland 3 is a guarantee but it's release date is horrible for me so I may wait until the end of the year and play it via Game Pass on Xbox 4 instead of buying it for PS4.

NEXT GEN
I will be pre-ordering Xbox Series X at GameStop once pre-orders open up. As of now, it's looking like Xbox Series X (or XBOX 4 as I call it) will be my primary gaming console for next gen. I already have a few titles that im going to want to play - Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics and backlogged title Wasteland 3. All Microsoft's first party titles will be played via Game Pass. Hellblade 2 is a future guarantee. So excluding Wasteland 3, I have at least 3 exclusives that are guaranteed to be played.

PlayStation 5 wise all depends on their launch lineup. Right now, my expectations are Demon's Souls Remake, Killzone 5 or a new FPS IP, Ratchet & Clank 2 and TLOUP2 MP. Only R&C 2 would be of interest to me. There is Godfall which looks extremely promising based on all the talent Counterplay Games has but at the same time, it's said but not confirmed to be a one year timed exclusive for PS5. So I can always wait if I have to. Really hoping that Sony delays Ghost of Tsushima a few months and releases it as a cross-gen PS5 launch title because I would much rather start PS5 with GOT than end PS4 with GOT.

Multi-platform wise, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok and Watch Dogs Legion will be day one buys as im expecting both to be cross-gen launch titles. Also expecting Dying Light 2 at some point since Techland confirmed a next gen port so my guess would be a delay from Spring 2020 to January 2021 but we'll see.

Overall, first 9 months will be "slow" for me but will ramp up once November hits and the next gen consoles get released.