Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   After 3 months testing, I have found real results (/forums/showthread.php?t=96315)

rascocm 09-17-2004 02:35 PM

After 3 months testing, I have found real results

This is my first post. I have been watching and testing for several years now. I tried something for the heck of it and have been very impressed. This is a very time-consuming method and should only be used for Single player games against CPU off-line. This completely eliminates CPU sliders. Set it to Varsity mode. 12 min. qtrs. Human sliders to your choosing. I am trying another method to eliminate sliders by turning all human sliders to 0 except for qbacc 10 and wr catch 10, and knockdowns 10 to even it out. Play two player with two different correctly set user profiles. Load it up. Play with your favorite team as normal, but coach and snap the ball of the opposing team. Think about it. On Varsity the cpu playcalling is horrible. But, if you coach them on offense by ASK CORSO and don't touch the control on defense (let them pick their own play by expiring time) and run their time down with a finger while holding the joystick for your team on the other, well, I have gotten better games than I have had since Walsh CFB. I have got good results but the one that stands out to me is Georgia vs Okla. State pick-up game. I was Georgia and Coached OK. State. I had 398 total yards on 82 plays with 174 rushing and 224 passing with 2 tds, no picks and two sacks and a 54% comp. The CPU had 64 plays 51% with 198 yards passing and 132 YARDS RUSHING WITH RB AND RA AT 0!!! and two sacks. Georgia won 23-17. The most exciting game I have ever played. I tested another with a horrible team against Florida and Leak had five first half tds and faison has 104 yds rushing. If you will take the time to try this, you will be happy.

NoleFan 09-17-2004 03:35 PM

Re: After 3 months testing, I have found real results

That looks like alot of work my friend. :lolabove:

horsemen 09-17-2004 03:38 PM

Wow, kudos to you for finding something that works. I fear I am too lazy, however, to try that more than once. Sounds like good results, though. Congrats on the first post.

skitch 09-17-2004 03:59 PM

Well - if you know exactly what play they're running - won't you know exactly what to do to stop it. . ?

Dauminator 09-17-2004 05:51 PM

I get good results doing almost the same thing, but I take it further. I play both sides. I even play with the same settings-varsity with 12 min quarters. I might try this, though, because no matter how honest you try to play it, it's impossible to call both sides without thinking about what the other side is doing. Using ask corso after I've chosen the play for the other team will eliminate this problem, at least when my team is on defense (I don't control the defense anyway).

I think this is worth a shot.

Dauminator 09-17-2004 05:54 PM

Oh, and Kredit, you won't know what the other team is going to call on offense. Call your defense first, based on down, distance, situation, etc . . . THEN use ask corso to pick their offense. Of course, you still see what they're going to run, but if you don't control the defense it won't matter.

skitch 09-17-2004 07:03 PM

^ahhhhhh^

makes sense - just REALLY time consuming. .

i want video games to be fun AND realistic - while i'm sure this takes care of the realism, it sure sounds like it'd take away from the entertainment aspect.

Herbsinator 09-17-2004 08:33 PM

At this point i have pretty much given up on the realistic part and im just going for fun right now.