Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Contracts/trading (/forums/showthread.php?t=963266)

bh446066 01-08-2020 09:24 PM

Contracts/trading

If you have a player in last year of their contract, and you trade them at the deadline, do you incur cap penalties for the next season? Thanks

bh446066 01-09-2020 02:50 AM

Re: Contracts/trading

I’d really like to trade my idiot QB before the deadline. I franchise tagged him last off-season so it’s his last year. If I trade him will I get a cap penalty for his bonus or salary next year?

DieHardJetsFan 01-09-2020 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh446066 (Post 2050002756)
I’d really like to trade my idiot QB before the deadline. I franchise tagged him last off-season so it’s his last year. If I trade him will I get a cap penalty for his bonus or salary next year?

If its his last year of contract then the cap penalty is for your current season

Alexemil1 01-16-2020 11:02 AM

Quick question. In the game does the salary cap work in regards to the dead money regarding contracts before and after 6/1. I believe if u cut a player prior to June 1 it counts but afterword it doesn’t. Maybe I’m wrong on this. Just trying how to free up money for Vikings!

PhillyPhanatic14 01-16-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexemil1 (Post 2050007443)
Quick question. In the game does the salary cap work in regards to the dead money regarding contracts before and after 6/1. I believe if u cut a player prior to June 1 it counts but afterword it doesn’t. Maybe I’m wrong on this. Just trying how to free up money for Vikings!

Nope but that would be great. The system in Madden is nothing like real life. It's arcadey and simple and nothing like the real NFL.

Alexemil1 01-16-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050007452)
Nope but that would be great. The system in Madden is nothing like real life. It's arcadey and simple and nothing like the real NFL.

Thanks. I should have known better

PhillyPhanatic14 01-16-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexemil1 (Post 2050007504)
Thanks. I should have known better

Haha. They said in May that they made player contracts realistic so one would naturally think that means that player contracts are... ya know... realistic. Sadly they were just typing garbage.

What you can do if you're in a solo league though is make it realistic by editing contracts. If a veteran player is in his 3rd year or later of their contract then I will shift their bonus money to salary if I am trading them or releasing them. Guaranteed money hardly ever goes beyond the first 2 years of a contract in the NFL, so this keeps things realistic.

The hardest thing to manually do is restructure deals, but it's possible... just time consuming.

For your post June 1 situation, you could do some manual editing to get it to reflect what you're wanting.

kbig 01-16-2020 01:23 PM

2k can do it and have so for years with 3 team trades and complex salaries with bird rights and what not.i don't get why Madden won't.