Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Franchise Fantasy Draft Questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=963340)

Cod 01-10-2020 06:22 PM

Franchise Fantasy Draft Questions

My questions are specific to doing a fantasy draft to start franchise mode:

1) Is there a way to pause the draft clock? My knowledge of football players is extremely limited, so I need to time to look through the options. The current time allocated is nowhere near enough.

2) What determines your draft analysis grade? Even if I draft the best player based on OVR, the analysis tells me I drafted so-and-so too early.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

nicklibertine 01-13-2020 08:25 AM

Re: Franchise Fantasy Draft Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cod (Post 2050003671)
My questions are specific to doing a fantasy draft to start franchise mode:

1) Is there a way to pause the draft clock? My knowledge of football players is extremely limited, so I need to time to look through the options. The current time allocated is nowhere near enough.

2) What determines your draft analysis grade? Even if I draft the best player based on OVR, the analysis tells me I drafted so-and-so too early.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Yep you can pause the draft clock the same way you do in a regular rookie draft in Francise mode (I think you just press the square button to pause, or there's a big box you can highlight and click on that pauses it as well). Also if you pause it and save and exit the game, it saves where you were in the draft and you can pick up from there again (as you can probably imagine these drafts take a while to get through even if you skip to your next draft pick every time).

The draft analysis grades certainly take age and positional importance into account, as well as the OVR. For example, if you draft Larry Fitzgerald fairly early on based on his good OVR, the analysis grade will tell you you drafted him too early (because of his age he'll still be available pretty late in the draft).

If you're interested, there are documents on the internet where people have noted where players are drafted by the computer in these fantasy drafts. It doesn't follow this exact order each time, but it does give you a good idea roughly what players will be available where in each round - one of these docs is linked to here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...y_draft_guide/

Good QBs and impact defensive players tend to go early, whereas decent wide receivers and running backs still be available a bit later on. I do like these drafts and I've got a franchise on the go from one of these at the moment, my only issue will be in a few years' time when the cheap deals run out and it costs too much to keep the best players I drafted.

Oh yeah I'll mention something about the contracts - similar to the rookie draft, players you draft in early rounds will be given longer contracts for more money (for example in my franchise I took Myles Garrett early first round and he got a five year deal for £12m a year). So in the first few rounds you definitely want to be picking younger players with plenty of time left in their career. Think that covers most of what's good to know if you haven't drafted yet!

Cod 01-13-2020 06:30 PM

Re: Franchise Fantasy Draft Questions

Thanks for all the valuable information!