Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Best Sports Game of Decade: #5 MLB The Show 19 (/forums/showthread.php?t=963442)

ChaseB 01-14-2020 10:00 AM

Best Sports Game of Decade: #5 MLB The Show 19

I consider MLB The Show 19 sitting at number five for best sports game of the...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

johnnyg83 01-14-2020 11:27 AM

Is there a consensus version that's considered overall better than 2019? 2019 is the best overall to me. In general, every year somethings get worse, but a lot get better or something new is added. IMHO, it builds on itself and gets a little better every year.*

Now if they could fix the grass and the too-much-power to the opposite field?*

JoshC1977 01-14-2020 11:55 AM

Re: Best Sports Game of Decade: #5 MLB The Show 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyg83 (Post 2050006248)
Is there a consensus version that's considered overall better than 2019? 2019 is the best overall to me.

Consensus? I'd doubt it. I think it will depend highly on what is important to individual players. For example, I know there is an older version that online DD players loved for the hitting mechanics (don't remember if it is 16 or 17). I imagine some guys would love the older version (12 or 13?) that last had the full broadcast presentation before they switched over to the broadcast version we have now.

I'm a "gameplay first" guy, so I tend to go with 19 because of the tremendous enhancements to the defensive animations - which built upon improvements made in earlier editions. It's incredibly likely I will go with 20 as my new "best" after it launches.

ChaseB 01-14-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyg83 (Post 2050006248)
Is there a consensus version that's considered overall better than 2019? 2019 is the best overall to me. In general, every year somethings get worse, but a lot get better or something new is added. IMHO, it builds on itself and gets a little better every year.*

Now if they could fix the grass and the too-much-power to the opposite field?*

If the polling for staff and community is any indication I don't think there's consensus. You're getting pluralities with the voting basically rather than a majority.

Armor and Sword 01-14-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050006272)
Consensus? I'd doubt it. I think it will depend highly on what is important to individual players. For example, I know there is an older version that online DD players loved for the hitting mechanics (don't remember if it is 16 or 17). I imagine some guys would love the older version (12 or 13?) that last had the full broadcast presentation before they switched over to the broadcast version we have now.

I'm a "gameplay first" guy, so I tend to go with 19 because of the tremendous enhancements to the defensive animations - which built upon improvements made in earlier editions. It's incredibly likely I will go with 20 as my new "best" after it launches.

That would be MLBTS 11. The last one that really had the old broadcast presentation as well as a “real time” presentation mode.

I need to pop that game back in one day. Because the series has come so far from that version in terms of sounds, parks, hitting, ball physics, fielding animations.....basically everything. Even franchise mode has more than it did back then in terms of scouting, player quirks and player morale. Of course some things were removed (newspapers, owner mode light etc).

MLB 19 is the very best for me hands down. The gameplay is better overall vs any previous version imo.

And like you Josh.....I am sure 20 will improve it more. But I am waiting this cycle. I want to see meaningful improvements to franchise mode customization. Otherwise I can sit tight for a little while......before I cave....LMAO.