Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Recent change to release? (/forums/showthread.php?t=963794)

tg88forHOF 01-25-2020 06:19 PM

Recent change to release?

Playing through a 49ers franchise right now (getting familiar with their roster before we destroy them next week), and I just saw something I haven't seen all year: an actual release animation.

Had Kittle split out into the slot where he was being pressed, and he had a little hesitation/footwork animation that delayed him off the line for a full second. It was like you could see the RLS/PRS die roll playing out via animation.

Is this something a recent change introduced? I didn't see anything like it in any of the last few patch notes, but you'd think I'd have seen it somewhere in the previous several thousand pass plays I've run...I mostly noticed it because the muscle memory/timing on a standard stick route was off.

Just to be clear, I'm not at all mad at it...everything about the animation and timing was appropriate...but I'm playing with the same sliders and difficulty and such I've been using for awhile; I can't think of anything on my side that would have changed. Have I seriously just somehow missed it previous to today?

edgevoice 01-25-2020 06:27 PM

Re: Recent change to release?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tg88forHOF (Post 2050013495)
Playing through a 49ers franchise right now (getting familiar with their roster before we destroy them next week), and I just saw something I haven't seen all year: an actual release animation.

Had Kittle split out into the slot where he was being pressed, and he had a little hesitation/footwork animation that delayed him off the line for a full second. It was like you could see the RLS/PRS die roll playing out via animation.

Is this something a recent change introduced? I didn't see anything like it in any of the last few patch notes, but you'd think I'd have seen it somewhere in the previous several thousand pass plays I've run...I mostly noticed it because the muscle memory/timing on a standard stick route was off.

Just to be clear, I'm not at all mad at it...everything about the animation and timing was appropriate...but I'm playing with the same sliders and difficulty and such I've been using for awhile; I can't think of anything on my side that would have changed. Have I seriously just somehow missed it previous to today?

I've experienced what you've described for quite some time now. I've actually seen my TE get knocked to the ground at the line of scrimmage when running bunch verticals.

However, a patch or two ago, I read where they made some changes to certain routes. For instance, Bunch Spot used to allow for the Z receiver to hesitate while the TE headed towards the flat. Now he instantly begins his route and they collide for a second. Seen some goofy stuff like that, but nothing I can't work around.

tg88forHOF 01-25-2020 06:33 PM

Re: Recent change to release?

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgevoice (Post 2050013501)
I've experienced what you've described for quite some time now. I've actually seen my TE get knocked to the ground at the line of scrimmage when running bunch verticals.

However, a patch or two ago, I read where they made some changes to certain routes. For instance, Bunch Spot used to allow for the Z receiver to hesitate while the TE headed towards the flat. Now he instantly begins his route and they collide for a second. Seen some goofy stuff like that, but nothing I can't work around.

Must just be me missing it, then...this wasn't an odd route collision or anything like you're describing; was just a standard stick concept out of an empty set that happened to have the inside slot guy (Kittle) on the line on that side, with the guy running the quick out set back.

Now that you say that, I suppose it could just be a function of not having run that concept and set with a player who'd win the release; only other franchise I've played with a TE who'd have a similarly high RLS is Kelce, and I wanna say the KC version of that formation (or the one I added custom, anyway) has the TE a step off the line.