Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Retro Bowl Review: A Mobile Game That Transcends the Platform (/forums/showthread.php?t=963904)

ChaseB 01-29-2020 10:30 AM

Retro Bowl Review: A Mobile Game That Transcends the Platform

Since I first found out about Retro Bowl, I’ve been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to play...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.

allBthere 01-29-2020 11:04 AM

cool, I'll have to check it out!

ToughJuice 01-29-2020 11:35 AM

Downloading now....

scagwi 01-29-2020 03:27 PM

Love this game and been playing it non-stop since it came out..

But, I ultimately want a couple tweaks eventually, even if they involve IAP, especially if it’s going to be long term enjoyable.

1. I do want to play defense eventually, even if it’s simplistic. It’s not fun to have the game come down to “needing a stop” and you have nothing to do with it and you just “lose” while watching the game tell you what happened. That sucks and happens a lot.

2. Play selection. I don’t need it for every down, but on 4th downs I’d like to have 3 plays to choose from (or something similar). It’s too critical. To their credit, you can see what the 4th down play will be before choosing to run a play or kick (punt or FG), but it’d be even better to have 2 or 3 options for the play.

3. I’d like to be able to kick a FG anytime I want. Sometimes you’d like to kick a FG on a 1st or 2nd down when in range to get the points and go kickoff and hopefully get the ball back while preserving clock (when coming back from 2 scores down).

4. I’d like optional controller support. The Dev tells me that’s possibly likely since they are making a PC port anyhow.

5. It’d be nice if you could call timeouts. Maybe you want to stop the clock or maybe you changed your mind on a FG/Punt/4th down going for it decision...who knows..

6. I’ve played a few seasons now and I do wish the AI had a bit more learning and variety. Far too often I can sit there and just throw endlessly to a RB out of the backfield who’s always wide open, for an entire game, and the defense never adjusts.

It’s a phenomenal base game that all should purchase and enjoy (you will love it) - I really hope they keep adding to it.

SkeeLo15 01-29-2020 06:38 PM

This just makes me wish we had a current gen tecmo game. Think of how great it could be with franchise mode, online play, etc*

johnnyg83 01-29-2020 10:41 PM

i love it ... played a whole season + 6 games just today ...*

Mack Attack 11 01-31-2020 02:33 PM

Played my 4 games last night. Love it. Will be buying this weekend. Honestly I will play over Madden which is sad.

baconbits11 01-31-2020 03:53 PM

Re: Retro Bowl Review: A Mobile Game That Transcends the Platform

the patch deleted my season, so watch out. I had to start over.