Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   MartialMind and UD3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=964885)

smokeface 02-14-2020 07:42 PM

MartialMind and UD3

Martial seems to have so much more fun playing UD3 than UFC 3. You can hear it in his voice while he plays in his latest videos. It's not necessarily the modes either that alot of people say is the reason they like UD3 more. It's the scenarios he plays out that gets him excited. It's the gameplay. I'm sure I've seen martial say he though the EA games were better. Am I remembering that wrong? Because man, it's clear you enjoy UD3 so much more.

All I want is a new iteration of UD3. People can talk about how the grappling is better "under the hood" in EAs games. "They just don't have as many positions." IMO UD3 is just better gameplay wise. Yeah the striking is better in EA3, but I'd take UD3s striking all day as long as I got all the other gameplay mechanics it has.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

SHADOW_UFCMMA 02-14-2020 09:42 PM

Re: MartialMind and UD3

He always says ea ufc 3 is better. But its obvious he enjoys and likes ud 3 more. I mean hey the man gets too see ufc 4 gameplay and have a sort of close relation with ea devs. Wouldent we do the same? I know i would. More power to him.

smokeface 02-14-2020 11:38 PM

Im not trying to call him out or anything. I love martial and the content he puts out. I'm just trying to relay my love for UD3 as well. Deep down I'm hoping he's showcasing UD3 so much on his channel because they are going that direction with UFC4.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA (Post 2050027131)
He always says ea ufc 3 is better. But its obvious he enjoys and likes ud 3 more. I mean hey the man gets too see ufc 4 gameplay and have a sort of close relation with ea devs. Wouldent we do the same? I know i would. More power to him.

Jizamurai 02-15-2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeface (Post 2050027209)
Im not trying to call him out or anything. I love martial and the content he puts out. I'm just trying to relay my love for UD3 as well. Deep down I'm hoping he's showcasing UD3 so much on his channel because they are going that direction with UFC4.

Here’s hoping man , god I hope so. I just uninstalled ufc 3 today , I just couldn’t do it anymore. I literally train everyday and playing the game doesn’t feel right , I don’t “feel the fight” at all. The ground game needs to be revamped , rag doll and a more flushed out rpg career mode would do this game some justice. Gore needs to be looked at a bit more to. I can go on and on but I believe the fans expressed themselves enough to point they got the message. Real Fighters and people that know their **** when it comes to combat sports needs to be on The development of UFC 4. They need to take a lot of time before releasing this game also.

smokeface 02-15-2020 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jizamurai (Post 2050027242)
Here’s hoping man , god I hope so. I just uninstalled ufc 3 today , I just couldn’t do it anymore. I literally train everyday and playing the game doesn’t feel right , I don’t “feel the fight” at all. The ground game needs to be revamped , rag doll and a more flushed out rpg career mode would do this game some justice. Gore needs to be looked at a bit more to. I can go on and on but I believe the fans expressed themselves enough to point they got the message. Real Fighters and people that know their **** when it comes to combat sports needs to be on The development of UFC 4. They need to take a lot of time before releasing this game also.

Yeah I'm happy they are taking longer. Hoping it means serious changes.

ZombieRommel 02-15-2020 02:35 AM

I'll let Martial speak for himself if he ever makes his way into this thread, but I do not believe he enjoys the gameplay of UD3 more. He likes the attention to presentation, the atmosphere, and the diverse swath of animations in the game.

In no way is UD3 better gameplay-wise than UFC3. Just watch a match out the gate.

The AI comes forward with his fist raised but the devs didn't even program an actual glove touch, so you just meander into each other like two blind men feeling their way through the fog before the AI immediately begins assaulting you.

As there is no vulnerability system in place, you can't strategically use strikes to interrupt the other guy and hooks end up taking precedence over straight punches.

The health system is absolutely out of an arcade fighting game, with PERMANENT health loss and zero nuance. Under the hood, the head silhouette is nothing but a Street Fighter 2 health meter.

To be honest, it's a very stupid and silly game in terms of its gameplay. I won't even get into the grappling because to be honest I don't remember much of it, but I do remember it was very shallow and felt like Checkers instead of Chess (nevermind the AWFUL submission mini-game).

This has been my opinion since UD3 came out. I played and somewhat enjoyed UD1 and UD2, but UD3 came out with an online mode that DIDN'T WORK AT ALL (game-breaking de-sync issue that was never fixed), which soured me on the devs, and soon after THQ went under.

You can have your own opinion of course, but the gameplay of UD3 was never great. The devs just really understood animations and presentation and went all-out on it. It was like a pretty girl with a rotten personality.

EA MMA, despite having hideous animations, was the far better MMA game for that time period, and it came out before UD3.

That Ragdoll Guy 02-15-2020 03:42 AM

Ive the same impression. He seems to be more excited and challenged when playing UD 3, a 10 yo game on a weaker console generation btw. People tend to confuse stiking with MMA.

UFC 3s striking is bomb no question about it, but everything beside the new striking and movement at the same time system is not good enough for a PS 4 generation. Hit reactions, hit detection, combo system, free flowing striking, KO Physics, Physics in general are bad for PS 4, game balance is not exisiting, transition to grappling, grappling in general, recycled cut scenes, boring gamemodes, watered down career mode, recycled grappling, clinch, uneventful grappling, unrealistic looking and unrealistic feeling TKOs and follow up punches, limited fighter creation options(limited CAF slots), same grappling animations since UFC 1... I could go on, but I still have other stuff to do today.

Oh yeah, saying even EA MMA is better than UD 3, is so far from off from the truth, that I dont even have an adjective for it. Ive never heard something like that in my entire life. Wow.

That Ragdoll Guy 02-15-2020 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeface (Post 2050027209)

He also went back to UD 3 before UFC 3 was announced, soooo... yeah... no... thats probably no indicator for that. People like to watch it cause UD 3 is a more viewer friendly game, I personally cant watch UFC 3 for 10min straight. It isnt enjoyable to watch other people play UFC 3... unlike UD 3.