Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   MartialMind and UD3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=964885)

smokeface 02-15-2020 09:09 PM

Re: MartialMind and UD3

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2050027658)
No, because the next one will be better.

I'm sure if we stopped making them people would be playing UFC 3 8 years from now just like they are UD3 and Fight Night.

If you stopped making them at 3 I'd still be playing UD3 over EA UFC 3.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

smokeface 02-15-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2050027764)
None of the gamechangers are "EA fanatics". We just dont think that UD3 is the end all be all of MMA games. There are plenty of things from UD3 that many of us (including me) have asked for consistently(more grappling positions, more individual strike animations, deeper career mode, event mode with full UFC presentation, Pride Mode, Ultimate fight mode)

You also overestimate the power of gamechangers...especially 1 of them. If we added YOU to the team a year ago and you spent the year speaking about how much you love UD3 and all of the things you wanted added....it wouldve had very little effect on the actual game.

GCs arent devs. The devs allow us to help with certain aspects of the game but they arent bringing us in for input about what modes they should create or what gameplay changes they are making. They usually ask for our input after the direction is already set.

I'm not saying you are EA fanatics. I just think you may be a little biased because you have developed a relationship with these devs and probably had your inputs taken into consideration or even actually made it to the game.

I also don't overestimate your power as game changers. I know what you say doesn't necessarily equal results. I could never be a game changer because I don't believe I have the time or energy to do it. I just wish there was one that did that think UD3 was the best MMA game on the team because alot of us here believe that.

aholbert32 02-15-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeface (Post 2050027778)
I'm not saying you are EA fanatics. I just think you may be a little biased because you have developed a relationship with these devs and probably had your inputs taken into consideration or even actually made it to the game.

I also don't overestimate your power as game changers. I know what you say doesn't necessarily equal results. I could never be a game changer because I don't believe I have the time or energy to do it. I just wish there was one that did that think UD3 was the best MMA game on the team because alot of us here believe that.

"Why are all the game changers EA fanatics"....Smoke, you literally said that in the post I responded to.

I dont think bias is why GCs feel this way. We've had MANY discussions about UD3 amongst the GCs. GCs have explained the issues they have had with UD3 pretty clearly. ****, Martial and Zombie both did it in this thread. Its disappointing that after all of that, instead of reading their responses, you are chalking their opinion up to bias?

GameplayDevUFC 02-15-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeface (Post 2050027772)
If you stopped making them at 3 I'd still be playing UD3 over EA UFC 3.

Good for you. Might as well keep playing UD3 for the rest of your life. It seems you've discovered your peak MMA gaming experience.

Enjoy.

1212headkick 02-15-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2050027806)
Good for you. Might as well keep playing UD3 for the rest of your life. It seems you've discovered your peak MMA gaming experience.

Enjoy.

I'm not gonna sit here and bash ea ufc 3 cuz you guys by far have the best striking it's just all the other elements that are missing that I'm very hopeful you'll include. Even if it was just the movement on the ground and clinch and practice options. I have great Hope's for ufc 4. Thanks for all your hard work geoff

SUGATA 02-16-2020 01:59 AM

UFC UD 1-3 = took 4 years

UFC 1-3 = the same 4 years

But

Gameplay core of UFC UD was right and unchanged from the day one of UD1. Later iterations of UD was only ADDING NEW features w/o changing the core system (except only Submission mechanics which was changed from absolutely dumb stick rotating to mouse-cat hexagram in UD3).
You will never be playing previous 1 or 2 parts when have 3rd b/c they the same games w lack of features.

Gameplay core of EA UFC was changed dramatically w every new game, almost developed FROM SCRATCH. The case - Devs changed their POV on gameplay concept every time, they spend much time on finding the right direction. It is much HARDER to change and tune gameplay than to just add new features.
But it brought us 3 DIFFERENT UFC games w each own pros/cons. You may want to play prev EA UFC b/c they are DIFFERENT. And this is GOOD!

So, while UD was moving on only ONE way during 4 years, EA UFC took THREE WAYS during the same time = EA Devs had LESS TIME to developer and tune the last 3rd way = not right to blame them for it.

I am sure EA UFC 4 will be an awesome JEWEL if EA keeps the entire gameplay core of UFC 3 and 1) tune some of its elements (Clinch, some ground) and 2) add QUANTITY of elements (more poses, transitions, modes, online camps clans, etc). I hope that w/o Geoff they will not loose the reached in EA UFC 3 unprecedented level of realism, depth and yomi!

smokeface 02-16-2020 04:53 AM

Whoa. Crazy, I didn't expect it to get so hostile in here. Sorry GPD, ****.

You boys are getting defensive in here. Glad I was able to get a discussion going cause this forum is pretty dead., but these guys are getting a little heated is seems. Wasn't my intention.

For the record I will keep playing UD3 along with the majority of this community becuase if you havent noticed, we enjoy it more.

Good luck on your future in the gaming industry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC (Post 2050027806)

Enjoy.

smokeface 02-16-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2050027804)
"Why are all the game changers EA fanatics"....Smoke, you literally said that in the post I responded to.

I dont think bias is why GCs feel this way. We've had MANY discussions about UD3 amongst the GCs. GCs have explained the issues they have had with UD3 pretty clearly. ****, Martial and Zombie both did it in this thread. Its disappointing that after all of that, instead of reading their responses, you are chalking their opinion up to bias?

Don't you think it is interesting that all the game changers prefer EAs UFC games over UD3 while the majority of us non-game changes prefer UD3? Feels like bias to me.

You guys built a friendship with the devs and EA. You're under a contract. I can't take your opinions as unbiased. How could I? You have a contract with the company. It's in your best interest to support them.