Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Pitch Framing gameplay idea (/forums/showthread.php?t=965221)

RunRickyRun24 02-21-2020 10:51 AM

Pitch Framing gameplay idea

I don’t know if I’m bringing an old idea to the table. Why don’t we replace the UMPs with wide/narrow strike zones logic to be used for catchers (pitch framing instead). I think that gameplay mechanic would have a ton of benefit now vs. getting the random ump.

Read somewhere that MLB will look to institute an electronic strike zone during the next CBA which would make framing a thing of the past.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

blemons5 02-21-2020 01:04 PM

Re: Pitch Framing gameplay idea

I think that's a great idea and would love it, but it would probably be tough to implement and since robo umps are likely coming soon, I doubt they'd decide to dedicate resources to that when it could soon become pointless

Caulfield 02-21-2020 06:37 PM

Re: Pitch Framing gameplay idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
...Read somewhere that MLB will look to institute an electronic strike zone during the next CBA which would make framing a thing of the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blemons5
...since robo umps are likely coming soon, I doubt they'd decide to dedicate resources to that when it could soon become pointless

I hope the future of pitch framing is null and void, though I did rather enjoy the little bit of insight in to it in the Pirates book Big Data. and so if the pitch framing is indeed to go the way of the Dodo, maybe catchers can put that saved energy into a more elaborate communication system with his pitcher to help keep unscrupulous, immoral, scumbag *******, piece of metal ''champions'' ... keep their eyes on their own paper.

also, was I dreaming or did I read around OS sometime in the last several days SDS incorporated pitch framing data into catchers fielding attributes for 20?