Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   OOTP 21 - Build-A-Ballpark (/forums/showthread.php?t=965224)

dbekoscke 02-21-2020 01:17 PM

OOTP 21 - Build-A-Ballpark

From a marketing email I just received from developers of OOTP:

"3D Ballpark Construction Kit 1.0

At long last - build your franchise’s dream ballpark! Our 3D Ballpark Construction Kit allows you to configure a 3D stadium to your whims. Choose from many different field shapes and sizes, ballpark layouts and architectural elements and combine them with Ballpark Factors to emphasize the kind of organization you want to put together - defense, power, speed, gaps, you name it. This long-awaited feature, which will be improved via free updates throughout the year, lets you live a childhood dream - building your own ballpark!"

The Kid 24 02-21-2020 01:20 PM

Re: OOTP 21 - Build-A-Ballpark

This should probably be in the OOTP thread.

Caulfield 02-21-2020 06:19 PM

MLB the SHOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbekoscke
...Choose from many different field shapes and sizes, ballpark layouts and architectural elements...

you know I always wanted to pretend I was an architect. maybe even design some railroads in addition to stadiums, ballparks, baseball fields, coliseums, what have you.

but seriously, what would be fine for me in the Show, as far as create-a-stadium, is just to be able to set the distance to the outfield walls, the shape and pattern that outfield wall takes, if it's domed or not and how much foul-territory room there is. dont care if the rest of the stadium is a one-size-fits-all generic cookie cutter prefab molded by the Studio, though one extra thing would be nice too is the ability to set seating capacity but that might be asking too much.

TripleCrown 02-21-2020 06:40 PM

Re: OOTP 21 - Build-A-Ballpark

But just to make sure , we all understand the complexity of build-a-stadium in a text based simulation vs a real 3D fully detailed, fully textured, animated stadium is like 2 different universe right ?

Dreaming is free tho :59:

Caulfield 02-21-2020 06:47 PM

MLB the SHOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleCrown (Post 2050031570)
But just to make sure , we all understand the complexity of build-a-stadium in a text based simulation vs a real 3D fully detailed, fully textured, animated stadium is like 2 different universe right ?

Dreaming is free tho

they're as similar as a fastball and a knuckleball lol

TheBleedingRed21 02-21-2020 07:27 PM

Re: MLB the SHOW

Yeah this is awesome for OOTP but I hope you weren't comparing the games by posting it here. The time it takes to make a stadium of the even little detail is FAR more complex in The Show.