Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Please - let us choose which side of the screen we fight on! (/forums/showthread.php?t=965270)

Good Grappler 02-22-2020 07:15 PM

Please - let us choose which side of the screen we fight on!

I hear a lot of people saying “you should be good on both sides of the screen”. And that’s fair... but in my opinion, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to have our fighter on whatever side of the screen we prefer.

It should be as simple as a camera setting. We already have the option to choose how zoomed in the camera is, why not an option to keep our fighter on the left or right?

Red and blue corner wouldn’t matter to people anymore. If you want to be on the left, go into settings and set your fighter to be on the left.

smokeface 02-22-2020 10:37 PM

Re: Please - let us choose which side of the screen we fight on!

Wasn't it Fight Night Champion that always had you on the left side? Like you and your opponents just had two different camera angles? Left side is always dominant. Everyone is used to the left side. So why drop that feature?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

SHADOW_UFCMMA 02-22-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Grappler (Post 2050032210)
I hear a lot of people saying “you should be good on both sides of the screen”. And that’s fair... but in my opinion, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to have our fighter on whatever side of the screen we prefer.

It should be as simple as a camera setting. We already have the option to choose how zoomed in the camera is, why not an option to keep our fighter on the left or right?

Red and blue corner wouldn’t matter to people anymore. If you want to be on the left, go into settings and set your fighter to be on the left.

Correct me if im wrong, But what if all the very good players are in the red corner for example. Wouldn't that be a bit unfair? Once again correct me if im wrong.

MacGowan 02-22-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA (Post 2050032308)
Correct me if im wrong, But what if all the very good players are in the red corner for example. Wouldn't that be a bit unfair? Once again correct me if im wrong.

You would have both fighters in the left corner, with different camera angels for the two players. So one would see red corner left, and the other would see blue corner left.

Boiler569 02-24-2020 04:41 PM

Personally .... for Online Ranked / Ultimate Team / LEC ....

I would like to see a 50% chance you are on the right side, and 50% chance you are on the left side.

Maybe I'm just old, but I think you should have to learn to fight on BOTH sides, no excuses!

If only because in-person tournaments (we can always hope) will require one person to be on the left, and the other to be on the right.

7 out of the 8 people who Lost in the first round of the Fight Night Round 4 Tournament (in-person in Vegas) were on the Right side ... and there wasn't even the option to fight on the Right Side when playing Ranked Online to train for that inevitibility ...

Of course, single player or Quick Match/etc., no big deal, you can choose your side/camera angle, and if it comes down to it, "both fighters" can be on the same side if chosen that way.

But from a competitive point of view....would like to see a 50/50 coin toss to determine.

tomitomitomi 02-24-2020 07:10 PM

If you can spend enough time practicing to deny every transition by pure reactions then you can spend enough time to learn to fight on both sides. If you're someone who's not in top 100 rankings (includes me BTW) then you're not being held back by the camera.

If it's easy to implement then sure I guess but there are literally dozens of bigger priorities IMO.

SHADOW_UFCMMA 02-24-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomitomitomi (Post 2050033419)
If you can spend enough time practicing to deny every transition by pure reactions then you can spend enough time to learn to fight on both sides. If you're someone who's not in top 100 rankings (includes me BTW) then you're not being held back by the camera.

If it's easy to implement then sure I guess but there are literally dozens of bigger priorities IMO.

Yes it also would be kind of unfair because it was he** to learn both sides. But i overcame it.

That Ragdoll Guy 02-24-2020 08:41 PM

Luckily I was almost always fighting out of the right corner of the screen which is the better side for me... but it totally threw me off when I had to fight from the left side of the screen. This could be easily implemented imo.

Imagine EA's working on a 1st person MMA game. That'd be really cool. It gave GTA 5 for example, a real new touch. Maybe on PS 5, in the far future.