Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment & Technology (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Gaming Laptop (/forums/showthread.php?t=965301)

Bard 02-23-2020 07:57 PM

Gaming Laptop

Long story short, I have a gaming desktop already. I built it a few years back, and I absolutely love it! However, I am getting back into streaming and the way our new house is, it would be a pain to use the desktop for streaming and editing.

Does anyone have a gaming laptop or any suggestions as to what I should look for? My current laptop is a cheap Asus I got 7 years ago in college, and it is about on its last boot up.

Price range is probably around $800, but have a little wiggle room... obviously would love lower prices, but I am doubtful there is a decent gaming laptop for under $799.99.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

p_rushing 02-23-2020 10:40 PM

Re: Gaming Laptop

It all depends on what type of gaming you want to do. If its FPS games, you need to play on a desktop or really expensive laptop. If it's just noncompetitive FPS or almost any other game, you can get something that will play some games. You'll have to lower settings and make sure you get a GPU in it, so it may not be worth it. If you have a desktop that is good, you probably won't like the experience.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Bard 02-23-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_rushing (Post 2050032937)
It all depends on what type of gaming you want to do. If its FPS games, you need to play on a desktop or really expensive laptop. If it's just noncompetitive FPS or almost any other game, you can get something that will play some games. You'll have to lower settings and make sure you get a GPU in it, so it may not be worth it. If you have a desktop that is good, you probably won't like the experience.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response!

This is for more of the setting up the streaming from my consoles, and then doing the editing on.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

RockinDaMike 02-24-2020 12:36 AM

Might be a little over your budget but the Predator Helios 300 is excellent for its price.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

KSUowls 02-24-2020 12:40 PM

I dont have any specific suggestions, but As long as you dont mind playing games on low settings then most any budget gaming laptop should be ok for you, with emphasis on the processor for streaming.

The Helios Predator that was mentioned appears to be one of the best values given the components listed. Microcenter has it for 830.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app

RockinDaMike 02-24-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUowls (Post 2050033188)
I dont have any specific suggestions, but As long as you dont mind playing games on low settings then most any budget gaming laptop should be ok for you, with emphasis on the processor for streaming.

The Helios Predator that was mentioned appears to be one of the best values given the components listed. Microcenter has it for 830.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app

That’s a good deal. You get an i7, 16 gb of ram and 1060 card in an ips 144hz monitor.

Small Ssd but you can do what I do and carry another ssd, put it in a case with a usb c connector and load up all your games on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiddy 02-25-2020 11:04 AM

I dont have a gaming pc, nor do I want to build one, BUT I would love to have a gaming laptop.

What would you guys recommend to play sports games on?

RockinDaMike 02-25-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy (Post 2050033765)
I dont have a gaming pc, nor do I want to build one, BUT I would love to have a gaming laptop.

What would you guys recommend to play sports games on?

What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk