Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Any new ratings? (/forums/showthread.php?t=965356)

ReturnoftheTmac 02-25-2020 11:48 AM

Any new ratings?

Has anyone heard if there’s any new ratings this year? Hoping for pitch framing for catchers along with a VS LH and RH attribute for pitchers. There’s a couple others that would be nice but was just curious if any had been added.

countryboy 02-25-2020 11:59 AM

Re: Any new ratings?

I don't believe so as none were mentioned during the streams of gameplay or when they unveiled the Diamond Club.

I would expect that if new ratings had been added, they would've mentioned it in one of those two streams.

douevenbench 02-25-2020 12:23 PM

They need to get a pitch rating for catches...some catchers call a better game than others.

Caulfield 02-25-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac (Post 2050033787)
Has anyone heard if there’s any new ratings this year? Hoping for pitch framing for catchers along with a VS LH and RH attribute for pitchers. There’s a couple others that would be nice but was just curious if any had been added.

it wont be a separate, new attribute but I seem to recall hearing pitch-framing stat had been integrated into catcher's fielding attribute.

TripleCrown 02-25-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050033816)
it wont be a separate, new attribute but I seem to recall hearing pitch-framing stat had been integrated into catcher's fielding attribute.

A bit like pitcher's "pickoff move" attribute. Don't know what's so secret to not make it display only but at least it's in the game.

Kotter 02-25-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac (Post 2050033787)

Unfortunately I would think adding any new attributes would negatively affect the Carry Over Save feature. I don’t see them adding anything new in that department in the near future. I would love to see a pitch framing attribute though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Caulfield 02-25-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotter (Post 2050033854)
Unfortunately I would think adding any new attributes would negatively affect the Carry Over Save feature. I don’t see them adding anything new in that department in the near future. I would love to see a pitch framing attribute though.

if it were up to me, in carry-over saves with a new attribute, I'd set the default rating at 50.

Kotter 02-25-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050033859)
if it were up to me, in carry-over saves with a new attribute, I'd set the default rating at 50.

Yeah it’d be great if it could be based on some sort of stat or a combination of other ratings.