Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   AO Tennis 2 - Career mode questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=965387)

TomL 02-26-2020 06:50 AM

AO Tennis 2 - Career mode questions

Hi,
Couple of questions that I have about the career mode in AO2

*I have an 80's and early 90's players list that I would like to use in Career mode. Is it possible to edit out current gen players like Nadal and Monfils from that save? It takes away a bit from the immersion when Nadal is ranked #3 behind Connors and Ivan Lendl.

*Do players retire and if so, what determines when.

*Is there a way to view the results of other tournaments outside the ones that you participate in yourself?

Appreciate any answers.

JohnnyDGaming 03-01-2020 04:38 PM

Re: AO Tennis 2 - Career mode questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomL (Post 2050034275)
Hi,
Couple of questions that I have about the career mode in AO2

*I have an 80's and early 90's players list that I would like to use in Career mode. Is it possible to edit out current gen players like Nadal and Monfils from that save? It takes away a bit from the immersion when Nadal is ranked #3 behind Connors and Ivan Lendl.

*Do players retire and if so, what determines when.

*Is there a way to view the results of other tournaments outside the ones that you participate in yourself?

Appreciate any answers.

No, you can't delete licensed players from the career, same with the generic players Big Ant adds into the game to make up the numbers.

Generally once they reach a certain age they retire, I don't think there's many deciding factors like in real life.

I think you can view the results, but not stats or watch matches. Funny that Big Ant claimed you could watch your opponents matches during a tournament.

TomL 03-02-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyDGaming (Post 2050036925)
No, you can't delete licensed players from the career, same with the generic players Big Ant adds into the game to make up the numbers.

Generally once they reach a certain age they retire, I don't think there's many deciding factors like in real life.

I think you can view the results, but not stats or watch matches. Funny that Big Ant claimed you could watch your opponents matches during a tournament.

Ah, thank you. It's a shame that you can't delete the licensed players from your career save. The generic ones I don't mind as much. Once you break the top 100 rankings you won't see them much anyway with a 128 player list.

So close with the customization but not quite all the way unfortunately.

Soblahovan 03-03-2020 08:08 AM

I have such a problem. I start my career with a player who has a personal rating of 88 (overall) but starts with 57 in the first tournament .... how is that possible?