Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Anybody else still deciding whether to get mvp edition or standard? (/forums/showthread.php?t=965390)

cubby blue 02-26-2020 10:02 AM

Anybody else still deciding whether to get mvp edition or standard?

As of right now, I'm getting standard, but when release weekend gets here, who knows.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app

nflman2033 02-26-2020 10:08 AM

Re: Anybody else still deciding whether to get mvp edition or standard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubby blue (Post 2050034355)
As of right now, I'm getting standard, but when release weekend gets here, who knows.

I like MVP anyway. but to be able to play 4 days earlier is way too hard to pass up.

countryboy 02-26-2020 10:23 AM

I am buying the 15th anniversary edition because I like to collect hats...LOL

And being able to play the 13th just makes it all that much better :)

RunRickyRun24 02-26-2020 10:29 AM

I don’t play DD ... I always said I’ll pay extra to get it early so that’s exactly what I’m doing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TheWarmWind 02-26-2020 11:17 AM

I'm getting standard. Those 4 days will be arduous, but I think after those 4 days are over I'll be right as rain. Besides, playing 19 an extra 4 days is hardly a bad consolation prize.

My993C2 02-26-2020 11:20 AM

I pre-ordered the MVP edition not long ago and the logic for choosing that version was that I have a number of RTTS players I would like to carry over from MLBTS19 to MLBTS20 and I would use the stubs as well as other packs and goodies from the MVP release to pick up some equipment for these RTTS players. But that was before I decided my main focus for MLBTS20 will actually be starting a new franchise with the new full rosters and rebrand the Washington Nationals as the Montreal Expos and have the new team play out of the Old Miami stadium. So I am kind of, sort of throwing away $20 as I could have easily just played the standard edition of the game for this new franchise. I will still keep my RTTS players alive this year and will use them more for BP than anything else. But in the future I am thinking at some point in time I may just kill the RTTS guys if I have more fun with the new franchise and what I am really only getting for my $20 is access to the game a few days sooner than people who will buy the standard edition. Hard to say who will be better off. Those who get to play the game a few days early or those who get to save $20. I have booked time off of work on Friday the 13th so you know what I will be doing that day. :y16:

cubby blue 02-26-2020 11:28 AM

I know what you mean. I'll probably can't hold out those 4 days...lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarmWind (Post 2050034405)
I'm getting standard. Those 4 days will be arduous, but I think after those 4 days are over I'll be right as rain. Besides, playing 19 an extra 4 days is hardly a bad consolation prize.

dalger21 02-26-2020 11:29 AM

I've gotten standard for the last few years. There is nothing in the other versions that enticed me enough to buy them. Plus, I've only purchased digital since like 12. This year will be a first where I didn't have it day one. I'll grab it some time in the summer, perhaps after TLoU 2 is out.