Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Will there be 3 presentation packages for MLB The Show 20? (/forums/showthread.php?t=965697)

TheBuddyHobbs 03-05-2020 05:51 PM

Will there be 3 presentation packages for MLB The Show 20?

Will there be 3 presentation packages for MLB The Show 20? I've seen MLB Network and a 2nd one, but haven't seen a 3rd one. They've had the option for many years. I just want to know if this year's no different. It helps the presentation not get too stale.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Operation Sports mobile app

ChaseB 03-05-2020 06:02 PM

Re: Will there be 3 presentation packages for MLB The Show 20?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs (Post 2050039673)
Will there be 3 presentation packages for MLB The Show 20? I've seen MLB Network and a 2nd one, but haven't seen a 3rd one. They've had the option for many years. I just want to know if this year's no different. It helps the presentation not get too stale.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Operation Sports mobile app

They went down to two. The general explanation was to deepen the main one they already have (add more to it, make it more info-rich, etc.), and they added some "classic" styles for Moments.

ripcandlestickpark 03-05-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseB (Post 2050039687)
They went down to two. The general explanation was to deepen the main one they already have (add more to it, make it more info-rich, etc.), and they added some "classic" styles for Moments.

It's awesome that they're making the main package deeper and more informative, but It's disappointing that, to do so, they felt they had to eliminate the third package. But, I'm very intrigued by the idea of "classic" styles! I'm very curious about how many of those styles there are (beyond the ones shown yesterday) and if they're modeled after real-world graphics packages from the past (like the early 00's FOX package, for instance).

underdog13 03-05-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Ugh that sucks

nflman2033 03-06-2020 09:09 AM

Hopefully for 21 we can get those classics in modes other than moments.

dalger21 03-06-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

I'm good with this especially the fact that they will have dynamic stats that randomly show up on the score bug. I would imagine that once PS5 is released, they will be able to go back to 3 or more.

StateoftheFranchise 03-06-2020 10:45 AM

It's a shame they cut it down to 2 themes :(

hopefully more variety in the commentary will break up the boredom

Caulfield 03-06-2020 09:15 PM

I do believe less is more... except when it isnt. guess I'll start finding out next Friday