Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   computer generated rookies (/forums/showthread.php?t=96578)

ToDNBA 09-20-2004 03:04 PM

computer generated rookies

anyone who dosent import the real rookies from ncaa 05, how are ur cpu generated rookies doing. whats some of the most interesting ones u have come acroos? found any diamonds in the rough? or any cant miss studs? this should make for an interesting read.

PiGPeN 10-14-2004 01:24 PM

Re: computer generated rookies

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToDNBA
anyone who dosent import the real rookies from ncaa 05, how are ur cpu generated rookies doing. whats some of the most interesting ones u have come acroos? found any diamonds in the rough? or any cant miss studs? this should make for an interesting read.

I traded up for an OLB named Olsen who was named ROTY. He has 11 sacks, an interception, and two forced fumbles. He is fast for a LB and has great AWR.

In the same draft as the OLB I got a LG who was rated 81 right out of the box. He is a monster who just paves the way for Ricky to run!

The previous year's draft was OK. My starting QB, Suggs came from that one in the 1st round. He sat the bench for his first year and once he started he started rising immediately. In the second round I got a HB, Sidney who is kind of slow but who breaks tackles and powers right through people. I also got a WR in the third round named Carter who is coming along nicely.

I am about to play my AFC title game against the Bengals with a core of older players ('Fins) that are playing beyond their years. If I don't win the SB this year it will be a while before I get back. I have serious holes that are about to burst open in my Defense.

Offense isn't too bad. When Ricky retires I will have a great O-line for Sidney and a soon-to-be star QB in Suggs. With a few good picks and FA I should be on the rebound immediately!

headrulz101 10-15-2004 01:06 PM

Well I was the Saints in my first year, and had a bad season so I traded up for a 1st rounder, #1 overall pick. I picked up a CB. He is doing very good, he has an intercpetion for a td, and he covers his man well. I also picked up a RB to backup McAllister and he came out of round 4 as a 66 but is now a 73. Other then that I drafted an RT round 2, overall 71 and a kicker.

maverick99 10-15-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToDNBA

I drafted a QB in the 6th round, Tyrell Winters, who was projected to be undrafted. i signed him because I needed a back up QB. He was rated a 64 before preseason and a 71 after, and got the starting job. Through 6 games he had thrown 16 touchdowns and 2 interceptions and was the leagues highest rated passer. He ended up getting hurt for 4 weeks and I haven't played much since school has really started to eat up my time, so I haven't gotten him back yet.

PiGPeN 10-19-2004 09:58 AM

OK, I am having great luck with the draft in my 'chise. I traded a running back and my first round pick for the 1st pick in the draft and Robert Gallery from the Raiders. I really needed a HB and there were two available in the draft slated to go in the top 5. I took this guy named Billie Johnson. He was named ROTY, MVP, Offensive POTY, and obviously he made the Pro Bowl. I play with SM27's sliders and sim, watch, and play an even amount of games so I didn't cheat to get this guys stats up. He has a 98 BTK, 99 SPD, but 78 ACC. His AGI, AWR, and blocking and catching skills are imporoving and all he really needs is better ACC. The good thing about his ACC being so low is that he hits the line slow and has great BTK. So, if he makes it though that first line he is GONE! My 'Fins went from 4-12 to 9-7 with him on the team. If I had a better D I would have easily made the playoffs.