Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 20: Hitting Engine Showing Immense Promise (/forums/showthread.php?t=966284)

ChaseB 03-16-2020 12:29 PM

MLB The Show 20: Hitting Engine Showing Immense Promise

If the first couple days of MLB The Show 20 hitting are any indication, this year...

Written By: Joe Doyle

Click here to view the article.

HypoLuxa13 03-16-2020 01:04 PM

Re: MLB The Show 20: Hitting Engine Showing Immense Promise

Hah, Lineout Simulator '19... that made me smile. I would have actually laughed if it wasn't so true. I wanted to move up on difficulty with last year's game to get more realistic strikeout numbers and make thing harder in general. But with so many good hits resulting in line outs hit right at outfielders, or fly balls to the edge of the warning track, I would not get realistic hit and run totals at Hall of Fame.

So far, I feel like I'm seeing better hit variety, but its only been a few days and I've not started a Franchise yet. So we'll see how things behave over the long haul.

Therebelyell626 03-16-2020 01:59 PM

In my opinion using directional there is not enough power. The ball almost always comes off of the bat weak even on good good hits. I am getting the majority of my hits via bloop singles*

ajs41072 03-16-2020 10:15 PM

Not sure if it's just me or does the field seem to be a little bigger and wider so there's more room in the gaps and especially down the lines to get hits.* It seems like past games the 3B and LF were so close to the foul line you could hardly get a hit in that area of the field.* And when you did, it wasn't for extra bases because the OF would be right there.* *