Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   I am a franchise player and I like Diamond Dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=966305)

TheBleedingRed21 03-16-2020 06:15 PM

I am a franchise player and I like Diamond Dynasty

I have always played pure clean screen baseball with The Show and only ever touched franchise mode.

With the lack of improvements to the core of the mode, I decided to give Diamond Dynasty a shot for the first time ever as I have just had low interest in playing franchise.

I have quickly became hooked into the mode and haven’t even touched franchise mode. I was one that always bashed DD and never understood it. I decided to keep my MVP edition packs and give it a shot, it has been fun.

I have decided to focus on online custom leagues and diamond dynasty for The Show and leave my main franchise mode to OOTP 21.

Are there any other franchise guys giving diamond dynasty a shot finally?

We don’t need “Diamond Dynasty sucks, franchise only” or “This will make franchise die” posts.

Slim4824 03-16-2020 06:20 PM

Re: I am a franchise player and I like Diamond Dynasty

I'm a franchise guy. I have been enjoying DD so far this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

trey2k198003 03-16-2020 07:44 PM

If that is the case please give me some thought reasons why you both like the DD mode? Coming from a "only franchise mode" I would love to hear some of the honestly in depth reasons and ways you are enjoying DD mode. i would like to give it a try but every time I a get into I am uninterested immediately.

Caulfield 03-16-2020 07:52 PM

thread title leads me to believe Bleeding is seeking therapy or a support group :)

but not gonna lie, if I were retired I'd be more into DD, with even more time to play.
and DD is a great way to get a break from letting your franchise get stale.

TheWarmWind 03-16-2020 08:09 PM

I'm the opposite. I was interested in the mode when it first came out, and my interest got renewed when single player modes came out for it. It just failed to immerse me and keep my attention.

TheBleedingRed21 03-16-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trey2k198003 (Post 2050049850)
If that is the case please give me some thought reasons why you both like the DD mode? Coming from a "only franchise mode" I would love to hear some of the honestly in depth reasons and ways you are enjoying DD mode. i would like to give it a try but every time I a get into I am uninterested immediately.

I am not one to really give a lengthy breakdown of why I like something. But I will do my best to highlight what I have found enjoyment in.

First and foremost, opening packs is actually pretty exciting, takes me back to the days of opening real card packs as a kid and feels great when you get some nice cards. It is easy to build a good team, but the fun part for me is the collecting.

There is SO much content in Diamond Dynasty that I never knew about. From programs to moments to showdown.. I have not been online and have collected a good amount of cards already and not touched a single other mode as of yet.

I never wanted to play online games in DD, the offline is extensive and I would say you would never have to touch online to get the fullest of this mode. The challenges are a great way to enjoy the game without committing over an hour to play a single 9 inning game. The grind to evolve certain cards is just plain fun.

I did not make this thread to change anyone's mind, I made this thread to see who has always been "franchise only" and decide to keep an open mind and try it. I am actually really glad I did, for the last 3 Shows, I have played franchise for less than 2 months and just got bored. Now I can enjoy other parts of this game, and one (Diamond Dynasty) that is extremely well done.

You don't have to like the mode, but I wanted to show you can be a diehard sim gamer and still get enjoyment out of this mode. I would never have said that prior to release, I hated Diamond Dynasty. It feels good to be able to get such enjoyment out of a mode I always thought was a waste of time.

EDIT::

Oh, forgot my favorite part, the legends. It has been a blast playing as some of the game's greatest players.

TheBleedingRed21 03-16-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050049859)
thread title leads me to believe Bleeding is seeking therapy or a support group :)

but not gonna lie, if I were retired I'd be more into DD, with even more time to play.
and DD is a great way to get a break from letting your franchise get stale.

Simply showing hardcore franchise guys like me who keep an open mind can find a lot of enjoyment and value in Diamond Dynasty is all. Nothing else.

BoNity 03-16-2020 09:50 PM

I try to play dd every year but it's not that fun for me. I absolutely hate how you can't have but the same few fonts for jerseys, and most of them are silly. I want something clean and cool. It ruins the mode for me. Legends are cool to see but the mode has already gotten boring for me again.

Also the whole thing is a mind confusion for me. I can never get a grasp on what the heck is going on and what I need to do or what I even want to do lol. I think I'm just too old, but I gave it a good go