Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you handle a QB dilemma? (/forums/showthread.php?t=967010)

nyqua 03-26-2020 08:23 PM

How do you handle a QB dilemma?

So I finally made a dynasty in ncaa after playing RTG for most of the time I had it. I started at Arkansas State and spent the first 2 years mostly concentrating on recruiting players that fit my scheme. I wanted a mobile QB since I want to run read option and have the escapability on pass downs.

I found a Cam Newton-esque QB who nobody else recruited. 6'7'' and 250, 91 speed, mid 80 throw power and high 70 accuracy for a 80 overall recruit. I redshirt him as I already had a QB who was an 84 overall, RS frosh, but is a complete statue QB but I wanted an extra year of development for my mobile QB. The statue QB did meh and now is a 91 overall as a soph. The mobile QB only gained 4 overall to be a 84 overall as a RS frosh. I'm a bit disappointed he didn't really gain more

Should I just go with the guy I want at QB and bench the "better" guy? How will this effect sim games? Also I believe players gain stats during the season so playing him should get him more development also?

Also can the other qb end up transferring because of this?

xToXiCxSAVAGEx 03-26-2020 09:26 PM

Re: How do you handle a QB dilemma?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyqua (Post 2050061429)
So I finally made a dynasty in ncaa after playing RTG for most of the time I had it. I started at Arkansas State and spent the first 2 years mostly concentrating on recruiting players that fit my scheme. I wanted a mobile QB since I want to run read option and have the escapability on pass downs.

I found a Cam Newton-esque QB who nobody else recruited. 6'7'' and 250, 91 speed, mid 80 throw power and high 70 accuracy for a 80 overall recruit. I redshirt him as I already had a QB who was an 84 overall, RS frosh, but is a complete statue QB but I wanted an extra year of development for my mobile QB. The statue QB did meh and now is a 91 overall as a soph. The mobile QB only gained 4 overall to be a 84 overall as a RS frosh. I'm a bit disappointed he didn't really gain more

Should I just go with the guy I want at QB and bench the "better" guy? How will this effect sim games? Also I believe players gain stats during the season so playing him should get him more development also?

Practice mode for awhile and see which QB does a better job (the starter will usually have higher awareness, even if their physical stats are worse)

Guys who play do gain more attributes during the season as they develop, so if you want your guy to get better, he'll need to play. When the game sims, it uses your depth chart so the guy you start is the guy who will play when you sim. Finally, the other QB may transfer, but the game does a poor job of this. You can "force" them to transfer with the editor if you want to add a storyline to your dynasty, but otherwise they will stay on your roster most likely.

nyqua 03-26-2020 10:25 PM

The mobile QB has a ****ty carrying rating but I'll go into practice and see. The statue QB has nice throwing stats overall but he can't scramble at all so I will probably throw the mobile guy in and start him and avoid any tackles. The in season boost and (I assume) better training results from stats in season are probably worth it.

Frosty7130 03-26-2020 10:29 PM

For immersion's sake, I'll usually let them decide it on the field. The first few non-conference games I'll alternate series or quarters, and let "their" play decide it.

I'm also not above switching mid game or season, should one start tanking (despite it being my poor throws and decisions). Helps it feel more real.

nyqua 03-28-2020 03:02 AM

Yeah I'm going with the mobile QB. He's an 84 overall jumping a 91 and 90 overall to start.

nyqua 03-31-2020 01:10 AM

Mobile QB got hurt and is out 3 weeks now. So the former starter gets some PT this year. Good thing I have 2 byes for him to be fully healthy for most of the conference games.

TarHeelPhenom 04-01-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyqua (Post 2050061429)

Go with the Cam clone.

nyqua 04-02-2020 12:29 AM

He's more like Vince Young in how he's built and his throwing motion (is this something you can influence?). I don't look to run with him much but it's nice to have the option and to run some option pitches.