Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Sports Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   StlDucks career mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=967393)

stlducks 04-01-2020 05:56 PM

StlDucks career mode

Instead of making a new thread for one career, I am taking a note out of Matt10 and making a thread for this career mode and any future careers I do. Like usual, I am going to start with Tottenham and try winning a trophy finally!

Usually the first post of my career is about the club but since Tottenham is a pretty well known club, I will be skipping that post this time but in season 2 I will post the squad list.

To start, this season is starting with the current squads as of the end of January 2020. The 2019/2020 season has been voided.

Playing PES2020 on the PS4.
Difficulty: Superstar
Half length: 15 minutes
Controls: full manual (I'm not good but the challenge is fun)

Transfers are set for "fairly low" and negotiations are set at "hard" with a "low" budget per PES settings. I try keeping all transfers realistic. I am not very familiar with the youth academy for PES so I do not have any rules on that at this time.

stlducks 04-01-2020 05:57 PM

Re: StlDucks career mode

Career Summary

2019-20 season
Premier League - 4th place
FA Cup - Rd of 16
Champions League - Winner over Barca

Start of 2020/21 season
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-mode-13.html

stlducks 04-01-2020 06:05 PM

Jose is out!

After a half season of up and down results, Tottenham have parted ways with Jose Mourhino with the manager stating "a lack of passion" for the job and returning to his old commentary position.

"I wish Tottenham all of the best and wish I was more successful in my time here. But the passion I once had is no longer there, my time as a manager is complete. I enjoy working with Sky and enjoy having more time with my family. Thank you Tottenham, but I cannot continue as the manager of this club." Jose announced in a statement to the club.

Tottenham and chairman Daniel Levy were quick to announce the next manager, someone very familiar with the club and who has expressed interest in managing one day. The new Spurs manager is a fan favorite and if not for the injuries, might have been one of the greatest defenders in the Premier League.

The King returns

Ledley King, a current club ambassador, has been announced as the new Tottenham manager. King played his entire career with Tottenham, over 300 matches from 1999 to 2012. For the latter part of King's career, a chronic knee injury slowed him down to where King would not participate in practice. His former manager Harry Redknapp called him a "freak" for playing at such a high level and never training with the squad.

Others praised King for his talent including rival and legend Thierry Henry saying King was the best defender he ever played against. In his full career, King only had 8 yellow cards.

Will this translate to success as a manager? Being a great player does not guarantee success as a manager but Spurs need a defensive fix and King is the best man for the club in this difficult time.

stlducks 04-01-2020 06:49 PM

The first big question for Ledley King is what to do with Jan Vertonghen? The Belgium defender has been with Spurs since 2012 and has been a key player appearing in 228 games. Vertonghen is 32 years old and in the final year of his contract. With fellow Belgium, Toby Alderwerield signing a new contract to stay with the club three more seasons, rumors have swirled of Vertonghen's interest in staying as well.

King has spoken little of transfers but did mention Vertonghen will not be leaving the club this summer. That leaves two options for Spurs, signing Vertonghen to a new contract and taking the risk of having two aging defenders. Or let him leave on a free at the end of the year.

"Jan is a key man for us. We have already lost Danny Rose in defense and have a very thin squad defensively and even less experience. I have known Jan since his arrival at Tottenham and am excited to work with him." King said in his opening press conference.

stlducks 04-01-2020 09:36 PM

Spurs end preseason 2-1-0 beating Juventus and Manchester City, drawing against Atletico Madrid in America.

Tottenham played a first class schedule in preseason going up against the giants of Europe. Spurs rotated often using young players such as Alfie Whiteman in goal, Oliver Skipp in midfield and Troy Parrott at striker often.

"The key is we had no injuries and players feel fresh." Ledley King said in his post-match press conference before the team boarded a flight back to London. "The Premier League is long and very challenging. I expect injuries of course so having young players ready to fill in is what every club needs."

Tottenham open their league play against Wolves in London.

stlducks 04-01-2020 09:48 PM

Spurs open the Ledley King era against Wolverhampton at New Tottenham Stadium. King is going with a simple 4-2-3-1 formation with Jan Vertonghen as the LB being the only surprise pick.

A Dele Alli header gave Tottenham a first half lead after Wolves dominated the first 30 minutes. Wolves quickly responded in the second half when Diogo Jota played a quick 1-2 getting between Sanchez and Alderwerield making room to curve his shot into the top right corner.

Tottenham controlled the second half despite allowing the goal but were not able to find the go-ahead goal in the end.

stlducks 04-02-2020 10:00 PM

Group A
Lokomotiv Moskva
Arsenal
PSV
Kobenhavn

Group B
Shakhtar Donetsk
Bayern Munich
Porto
Dinamo Zagreb

Group C
Juventus
Man City
Lille
Genk

Group D
FC Barcelona
Tottenham
Olympique Lyon
Olympiakos

Group E
PSG
Chelsea
Napoli
Dynamo Kyiv

Group F
Ajax
Atletico Madrid
Zenit
Young Boys

Group G
Benfica
Real Madrid
Galatasaray
Celtic

Group H
Liverpool
Inter
Club Brugge
PAOK

stlducks 04-02-2020 10:09 PM

A new lineup for Spurs against Everton, a 4-1-2-3 with Eric Dier as the defensive midfielder in front of the back four. Dele Alli and Lo Celso are playing behind a front three of Son, Kane and Lucas Moura.

Everton got off to a quick start behind former Arsenal man Alex Iwobi who knocked in a loose ball in the box following an Everton corner. The Toffees kept the pressure up for most of the first half, earning a penalty right before the break. Hugo Lloris came up with a big diving save but again, Iwobi jumped on the loose ball first and slotted it home for his second of the game.

Spurs came out aggressive in the second half, attempting 10 of their 11 shots in the game in the final 45. Harry Kane got on the end of Serge Aurier's cross to make it 2-1 with less than 20 minutes to go. Dele Alli hit the post and Lucas Moura had a great chance saved as Tottenham failed to score again.