Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   UFC 4 major mma components never implemented in a game before (/forums/showthread.php?t=967527)

iHazCode 04-03-2020 10:16 PM

UFC 4 major mma components never implemented in a game before

Glancing strikes:
In a real fight, 70% or more of strikes don't land clean, they either glance off or are avoided with micro movements. Somehow this should be implemented within the game. Perhaps it can be a stat based, but having these animations and functionality would add a lot of realism that hasn't been seen in any MMA title before.
I understand it may have to be disabled for online play because the "competitive" players would be upset, but frankly there are 100's of fighting games. Maybe this one be about MMA.

Gravity:
Balance, and gravity could play a bigger role. Fatigued fighters might slip or find themselves off balance when attempting a roundhouse late in the fight which ends up being one of the above mentioned glancing strikes. Balance and gravity play a large role in MMA, it would be interesting if it could somehow be modeled in the game.

I know most may say, these have never been added to a mma game before because this is a game, and that's not fun. However those are major factors in mma, and if things in these games never quite has the feel of "real mma", maybe that is partially why...

Gion 04-04-2020 01:41 AM

Re: UFC 4 major mma components never implemented in a game before

Glancing blows could be affected through the Accuracy stat

johnmangala 04-04-2020 02:38 PM

A balance stat would do the trick for gravity.

1212headkick 04-04-2020 10:59 PM

I would like to see submissions have more use besides actually just trying to submit your opponent like using then to transition or using them to threaten. I think the biggest problem with subs in this game is they're easy to defend and easy to escape and they dont give the aspect of rolling

SHADOW_UFCMMA 04-05-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gion (Post 2050070049)
Glancing blows could be affected through the Accuracy stat

They can add rolling with punches. if a fighter is moving his head the same direction a punch is coming it does 2x more damage, hence the vulnerability in ufc 3. So for me its common sense to add a rolling factor in this game where instead of taking a big overhand flush on the chin and getting knocked down and possibly knocked out, your just getting cut by it, or taking half the damage.

johnmangala 04-05-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA (Post 2050071363)
They can add rolling with punches. if a fighter is moving his head the same direction a punch is coming it does 2x more damage, hence the vulnerability in ufc 3. So for me its common sense to add a rolling factor in this game where instead of taking a big overhand flush on the chin and getting knocked down and possibly knocked out, your just getting cut by it, or taking half the damage.

You're referring to rolling with punches like this, right?

We can shoulder roll already which is similar but only Carla Esparza has it. I would like to see the roll replace the major side lunges so we can roll with strikes.

That Ragdoll Guy 04-05-2020 03:05 PM

Call me crazy but the hit detection of UFC 2 felt like it sometimes. Because the punches didnt
always have laser accuracy on the target. That was good and close enough to glancing shots.

That Ragdoll Guy 04-05-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmangala (Post 2050071408)
You're referring to rolling with punches like this, right?

We can shoulder roll already which is similar but only Carla Esparza has it. I would like to see the roll replace the major side lunges so we can roll with strikes.

Interesting a striking novice like Esparza has it? I dont really watch Esparza fights (her last two were ok tho), but does she actually use the shoulder roll?