Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Franchise File (/forums/showthread.php?t=967552)

Mikeyo918 04-04-2020 09:18 AM

Franchise File

So I think i may have come across a way to upload franchise files for those who want near accurate "Opening Day" rosters with injuries. While messing around with SOTS and a hard drive I never realized you can back stuff up on the hard drive. So I ran a test of downloading a franchise file to the hard drive, deleted the file off the ps4, and was able to reupload the file back onto the PS4.

So I used MKHarsh33 roster (thanks to Ridin as well) and went to rotochamps and set up the projected lineups/rotation/bullpen, as well as putting guys on the IL (not all, just the significant guys). This is to be used for 30 team control. I also always used the artist rendition bio picture (personal pet peeve, I hate when some guys have pictures and others don't, or when the different uniforms, etc)

I'm not 100% sure it will work for others, but i've tried several times with success.

Basically just downloaded the zip file, and place the entire folder (should be labeled "PS4") onto your hard drive. Go to settings on the PS4 dashboard, Application saved data management, Saved data on USB storage device, copy to system storage, and then select MLB the show 20, and the franchise file labeled "TEST", and it'll copy to your MLBTS saved data. Go into franchise, continue, and choose the test file.

Again this was set up using 30 team control, you shouldn't even have to worry about settings because its an already created franchise.

Not 100% sure it will work, but figured why not give it a shot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQk...ew?usp=sharing

This is a zip file for the folder, just open the zip and then put the ps4 folder into your hard drive. (I'm on a MacBook, so I don't know if windows is different)

hb5239799 04-04-2020 09:26 AM

Re: Franchise File

Will give it a shot later today, when the baby is napping lol. Hope it works! My old a** has lost patience setting up franchise to some sort of accuracy, and I thank you for taking care of the heavy lifting! ***fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeyo918 04-04-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb5239799 (Post 2050070201)
Will give it a shot later today, when the baby is napping lol. Hope it works! My old a** has lost patience setting up franchise to some sort of accuracy, and I thank you for taking care of the heavy lifting! ***fingers crossed

Only thing im not sure of is if the roster i used has to be uploaded as well. I made some tweaks to MKHarsh roster I used (for guys going on IL). Or the 2nd profile I created for the 30 team control.

Please let me know how it goes. Game may crash due to no rosters/profile, or may work like a charm lol.

I included the roster I used, just select both files when going from USB to PS4 in the copy to system storage part)

hb5239799 04-04-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyo918 (Post 2050070203)
Only thing im not sure of is if the roster i used has to be uploaded as well. I made some tweaks to MKHarsh roster I used (for guys going on IL). Or the 2nd profile I created for the 30 team control.

Please let me know how it goes. Game may crash due to no rosters/profile, or may work like a charm lol.

I included the roster I used, just select both files when going from USB to PS4 in the copy to system storage part)

Must be different for Windows users. I copied your PS4 folder to a usb thumb drive and my ps4 did not recognize the folder. I’m gonna try and and copy out of the folder directly to drive. I forget how files read on the console, but worth a shot.

Mikeyo918 04-04-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb5239799 (Post 2050070244)
Must be different for Windows users. I copied your PS4 folder to a usb thumb drive and my ps4 did not recognize the folder. I’m gonna try and and copy out of the folder directly to drive. I forget how files read on the console, but worth a shot.

Don't put the zip file on to the USB, open it up and then place the first ps4 folder in there. I may have to just put the ps4 folder, and not the zip. let me know.

hb5239799 04-04-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyo918 (Post 2050070247)
Don't put the zip file on to the USB, open it up and then place the first ps4 folder in there. I may have to just put the ps4 folder, and not the zip. let me know.

I initially did as you instructed to no avail.

Mikeyo918 04-04-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb5239799 (Post 2050070248)
I initially did as you instructed to no avail.

Ok let me look into making a file universal (why can't Mac and Windows just be compatible together :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall )

Mikeyo918 04-04-2020 10:54 AM

try connecting the usb to the ps4, just upload any file to it, to create the PS4 folder that is created on its own. This link is the saved data folder, you should be able to just place it in the ps4 folder. It may be a Mac vs Windows issue. I hope not. Right click the saved data and download it to desktop.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...G8?usp=sharing