Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   API gone? (/forums/showthread.php?t=967559)

Devildog Frank 04-04-2020 11:56 AM

API gone?

Since the Patch came out that messed up Runners View while fielding, I havent been able to get the API to work. The type pitch selection comes up, but the Catchers Glove no longer shows the target to aim for. Yes ive tried resetting options, and I have API set to "ON". I pitch HOF/Classic. Anyone else experience this?

Armor and Sword 04-04-2020 12:16 PM

Re: API gone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devildog Frank (Post 2050070317)
Since the Patch came out that messed up Runners View while fielding, I havent been able to get the API to work. The type pitch selection comes up, but the Catchers Glove no longer shows the target to aim for. Yes ive tried resetting options, and I have API set to "ON". I pitch HOF/Classic. Anyone else experience this?

If you have it set to default on ALL-Star or higher it will not flash the glove. Never has on this setting.

If you want the glove....turn API to on (not default).

I have it on default so if I want to see the location I pull back R2 and the glove will flash.

Hope that helps. Because it is working as intended when set to default on the settings menu and playing on AS level or higher.

Devildog Frank 04-04-2020 12:48 PM

First of all thanks for responding, Armor. Now to the weird stuff. I've been playing this game a long time, as I'm almost 61 yrs old. But this is a first. I went back and checked the settings (which I'm very familiar with), and everything was was set the way it should be, and also according to your info. I go back to playing, and still nothing. A few innings into the game, I'm pitching to the 2nd batter, and threw 3 pitches. On the 4th pitch, the API reappears. TALK ABOUT STRANGE ****. Hahaha

Armor and Sword 04-04-2020 01:06 PM

I will test it out later. Very strange indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

bcruise 04-04-2020 01:08 PM

It's easy enough to prove it's still in the game, because I just checked it myself.

First off, IGNORE the main menu user settings for now. Go into a game with any profile, and once you get in pause and go to options, and then to gameplay options, then tab over to pitching. API is at the bottom of that page, turn it on (NOT default).

If you can do this much and you still don't get API any other time you're expecting to see it, then it's very likely you have a different profile selected before the game than you think you do.

Edit: I was replying to the OP while their 2nd post came in. That is pretty unusual, but I don't use API extensively enough to have been able to notice something like that.

Dan05 04-04-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devildog Frank (Post 2050070356)
First of all thanks for responding, Armor. Now to the weird stuff. I've been playing this game a long time, as I'm almost 61 yrs old. But this is a first. I went back and checked the settings (which I'm very familiar with), and everything was was set the way it should be, and also according to your info. I go back to playing, and still nothing. A few innings into the game, I'm pitching to the 2nd batter, and threw 3 pitches. On the 4th pitch, the API reappears. TALK ABOUT STRANGE ****. Hahaha

I’m not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem. I like the API suggestions on and play on difficulty levels where it isn’t on by default. I noticed that it had to do with the situational camera option (I can’t remember the actual name of it in the settings menu). Anyways, when I changed that setting to only happen when the CPU was pitching it fixed the API for my pitching view. I hope this helps and makes sense.

Devildog Frank 04-04-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan05 (Post 2050070449)
I’m not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem. I like the API suggestions on and play on difficulty levels where it isn’t on by default. I noticed that it had to do with the situational camera option (I can’t remember the actual name of it in the settings menu). Anyways, when I changed that setting to only happen when the CPU was pitching it fixed the API for my pitching view. I hope this helps and makes sense.

Thank you for that info.