Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   FIFA 20 Patch 1.18 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - Patch Notes Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=967735)

Steve_OS 04-07-2020 05:09 PM

FIFA 20 Patch 1.18 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - Patch Notes Here

FIFA 20 game update 1.18, which arrived last week for PC users, is available now for...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

irdc 04-07-2020 07:02 PM

Re: FIFA 20 Patch 1.18 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - Patch Notes Here

How is this year's game? Worth getting for $24?

humaca80 04-07-2020 10:24 PM

I’m also wondering the same thing. I still play FIFA 18 because I love the World Cup.

Qb 04-08-2020 10:39 AM

Re: FIFA 20 Patch 1.18 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - Patch Notes Here

Like most sports games, with all the different ways to play it depends what you want out of it.

I don't play FUT, so I'm not able to speak to that or online play in general. I play a buddy every now & then and we have a good time using manual controls. I also play Pro Clubs sporadically, which can be really fun, but you also have the occasional match where your AI teammates are clueless. And it can get repetitive due to the online meta of assisted controls.

I mostly play in a career mode using the OS Community sliders (slightly tweaked for my preferences) and manual controls. This is the first time in a few years I played through a season without simming and use 15 minute halves so that should count for something! Once again, it depends what you're looking for. Champions and Europa league branding adds some spice. International tournaments are there (but aren't officially licensed) if you don't mind double duty. While they added some things to CM like press conferences and negotiation scenes, they are fairly shallow and can get repetitive (still, I don't mind them). Transfers and cpu squad management are still iffy at times, but probably not as bad as it once was and it doesn't impact my enjoyment. But if you're looking for all the big teams to mostly play their "real" starting 11 and only make "realistic" signings, then YMMV.

Long story short, if you want uber deep/realistic management options and tend to simulate matches, you should be playing Football Manager. If you enjoy actually playing matches, I think FIFA is pretty good. However, I don't play it like most people since I use sliders, long matches, and manual controls.

Mackrel829 04-09-2020 07:36 AM

I'd pretty much echo all of the sentiments above. I get Fifa most years and don't particularly enjoy most years. I'm enjoying this year though. I also only play career mode offline, so if I can enjoy the part of the game that they put the least amount of effort into, it must be an alright game.

I'd say its definitely worth it at the discounted price. I'd also definitely recommend using the OS community sliders by Matt10 for the most realistic experience.