Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   The future of play by play in MLB The Show? (/forums/showthread.php?t=967798)

tnixen 04-08-2020 02:09 PM

The future of play by play in MLB The Show?

Future play by play in MLB The Show on PS5? :) lol

I wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ee_OdHEj0

jada855 04-08-2020 03:18 PM

Re: The future of play by play in MLB The Show?

@tnixen

I saw this and the first thing I thought was wow I wished. It's how the commentary should be done! Sigh! It's really good and dynamic. Someone once posted a similar video in the 2K thread. It felt like a real basket ball game. I remember being fooled.

Glad you posted this I was about to post the same thing when I saw it yesterday. Hopefully it will gain some traction. MLB The Show has so much potential but has so many missing baseball gameplay fundamentals and new game modes are not helping.

I am a long time player since many iterations ago. After MLB 20 I have hung up my hopes. If its not right by MLB 2025 then it will never be.

Cycloniac 04-08-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2050074731)
Future play by play in MLB The Show on PS5? :) lol

I wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ee_OdHEj0

This is beautiful. More of this.

rjviking11 04-08-2020 05:46 PM

As a Die hard Mets fan that was so awesome to Watch. Thats how a broadcast should look, you dont need to narrate everything like your doing radio. Just broadcast the important stuff and breakdown certain plays

What else I especially loved is how they "pointed" to certain parts of the game that seemed out of place.

1. Not having real umpires. (yes I Know they have their own union which makes it tough to input in the game)
2. Hat sizes were too big :lol::lol::lol:
3. How "young" Dusty Baker Looked
4. Robinson Cano with two outs fielding a grounder at second and going to the force at second instead of just throwing to first.
5. How Valdez a LHP was in there for too long in the 8th inning, and they didnt change to a RHP when there were two warming up in the bullpen (the 3 batter rule would not have applied in this scenario). The AI on when relievers need/should be taken out must be fixed. It seems the only way they are taken out is if a run is scored against them.

Hopefully SDS can use this to help Matty V in the future

Armor and Sword 04-08-2020 06:33 PM

It is time for a new direction and total refresh on the PS5

It is probably my biggest want as gameplay on 20 is incredible.

But I finally shut off the booth and am calling my own games.

It is really reached a point of total staleness. It needs life, dynamics, a new booth and new more dynamic and stat driven approach and branching storylines inside your franchise if the technology an make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

hitstreak13 04-08-2020 06:39 PM

I know this was done 7 years ago, but this is some of the best commentary I have heard in a video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptpefv5fiiM

rjviking11 04-08-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2050074987)
It is time for a new direction and total refresh on the PS5

It is probably my biggest want as gameplay on 20 is incredible.

But I finally shut off the booth and am calling my own games.

It is really reached a point of total staleness. It needs life, dynamics, a new booth and new more dynamic and stat driven approach and branching storylines inside your franchise if the technology an make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

No doubt. I dont even remember the last time I had them unmuted.

Something does need to change, I dont think they will ever get rid of Matty V, which is ok with me, he is a good announcer but the style they are doing just doesnt work for this game, similar to Doc Emerick with the NHL series.

Cycloniac 04-08-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitstreak13 (Post 2050074991)
I know this was done 7 years ago, but this is some of the best commentary I have heard in a video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptpefv5fiiM

MLB 2k always had excellent commentary. The Show has never been on their level, in that regard.

Gary Thorne is also one of the better commentators, in any sport.