Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   King of Sim Roster (XBOX ONE) (/forums/showthread.php?t=968170)

YungGun 04-14-2020 05:17 PM

King of Sim Roster (XBOX ONE)

NBA 2K20

Wassup OS! After years of being frustrated with the default rosters of NBA 2K, I finally started to take matters into my own hand and create a roster of my own. This honestly started as a project I was solely doing for fun in my free time, but as I progressed through it, watching countless CPU vs CPU games, I began thinking this roster might actually be good enough to share with the community. Big shout out to all the creators here on forum as you all inspired me to even do something like this

THIS IS DAY ONE (HYBRID) ROSTER
The roster is the same as it was day one minus a few two-way players and players who went down early with injuries/suspensions (Steph/J.Collins). If they played less than 6 games and went down for an extended period of time, an injury was added to their person. Also, Melo is already signed to the Trailblazers, but will sit until his real-life NBA debut.

Now that all the fluff is out of the way, this is what yall are getting:

- Revamped ratings, tendencies, and badges, (no durability changes simply because it has no effect on the type of injuries players receive in MyLeague)
- Revamped athletic ratings
- Revamped sig shots
- Revamped peak start and end
- Revamped player ambitions
- Revamped staff attributes and badges
- Updated rotations for accurate minutes per game by DEFAULT
- Fixed accessories
- Custom shoe colorways
- Accurate contracts (Based on BBall Ref and SportsRac)
- Updated play types (Based on NBA.com/playtypes)
- Updated Free Agents (Removed a lot of players that haven’t gotten signed or are old (35+))
- Close to accurate SIM STATS

If you guys have any discrepancies or disagreements about the roster, please feel free to let me know as I’m always down for a bball discussion.

Without further ado:

Gamertag: ii KING LARR
Roster Name: King of Sim Roster
Gameplay Slider Name: King of Sim Sliders
MyLeague Slider Name: King of Sim League

ENJOY

Bonk_McNeeley 04-15-2020 07:43 PM

Re: King of Sim Roster (XBOX ONE)

I'll Bite!

Where did you come up with your defensive ratings?

You have guys like Tristan Thompson, Zach LaVine, Malik Monk, Dennis Smith Jr., Malik Beasley, and Blake Griffin rated B+ on Per Def?

But have Shaq Harrison rated a D-?

There's five A+ Per Defenders on Toronto alone (Powell, Hollis-Jefferson, T. Davis, Anunoby, and S. Johnson)?

But Patrick Beverley is rated a B?

Zach Norvell Jr., and Dante Exum A+?

Every team has half the roster B+ or higher, than half D or lower?

YungGun 04-16-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk_McNeeley (Post 2050082064)
I'll Bite!

Where did you come up with your defensive ratings?

You have guys like Tristan Thompson, Zach LaVine, Malik Monk, Dennis Smith Jr., Malik Beasley, and Blake Griffin rated B+ on Per Def?

But have Shaq Harrison rated a D-?

There's five A+ Per Defenders on Toronto alone (Powell, Hollis-Jefferson, T. Davis, Anunoby, and S. Johnson)?

But Patrick Beverley is rated a B?

Zach Norvell Jr., and Dante Exum A+?

Every team has half the roster B+ or higher, than half D or lower?

Look at the numbers for the attributes and not the grades as they can be very misleading. I did all of the ratings and tendencies in tiers of 25-50-75-99.

eich6bc 04-16-2020 10:45 AM

Nice work bro. What base roster did u use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YungGun 04-16-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eich6bc (Post 2050082507)
Nice work bro. What base roster did u use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Professor2K on the 2K share. The roster was missing a lot of two-way players and didn't play how I wanted it to play so I kept editing and editing until it became an entire overhaul. Plays entirely different now and the sim stats are looking much better which was my biggest pet peeve.

Vedreanu 04-16-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YungGun (Post 2050080918)
- Revamped staff attributes and badges

Could you talk a bit about those? Google is pretty vague when it comes to coaches badges and styles.

What are your observations regarding these two?

Recently I've been trying to achieve something with giving "toughness" style to each and every coach and assistant coach in the league.

Not sure if I succeeded at all :)

In my mind, "toughness" should raise the capability of a team to come back from big deficits.

Just share your thoughts please...

YungGun 04-16-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vedreanu (Post 2050083002)
Could you talk a bit about those? Google is pretty vague when it comes to coaches badges and styles.

What are your observations regarding these two?

Recently I've been trying to achieve something with giving "toughness" style to each and every coach and assistant coach in the league.

Not sure if I succeeded at all :)

In my mind, "toughness" should raise the capability of a team to come back from big deficits.

Just share your thoughts please...

That's all subjective tbh. For the top coaches, I rated them pretty high in their offense and defense attributes, and gave them boosts when it came to their system proficiency.

Also, with the top coaches, I made sure to change their defensive aggression to 'play physical' while lesser coaches I kept them at 'conservative.' This helped keep the best teams in the league winning at the proper pace when you sim in MyLeague. In other words, the better teams will win against the lesser teams more often than not, but they could still lose based on how they matchup against certain teams.

As far as playbooks, I didn't make any changes to them and instead changed players playtypes.

As far as badges, they do work, especially tactician. Tactician gives a boost to teams in the 4th quarter specifically. I've seen a good number of fourth quarter comebacks from good teams because of this.

Vedreanu 04-17-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YungGun (Post 2050083010)
That's all subjective tbh. For the top coaches, I rated them pretty high in their offense and defense attributes, and gave them boosts when it came to their system proficiency.

Also, with the top coaches, I made sure to change their defensive aggression to 'play physical' while lesser coaches I kept them at 'conservative.' This helped keep the best teams in the league winning at the proper pace when you sim in MyLeague. In other words, the better teams will win against the lesser teams more often than not, but they could still lose based on how they matchup against certain teams.

As far as playbooks, I didn't make any changes to them and instead changed players playtypes.

As far as badges, they do work, especially tactician. Tactician gives a boost to teams in the 4th quarter specifically. I've seen a good number of fourth quarter comebacks from good teams because of this.

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I got the impression you are a SIM-head, like me. That is, a person that uses NBA 2K only (or predominantly) for watching CPU vs CPU games!

I was looking for someone like that, because there are many thing that puzzle me in the process of making a realistic CPU vs CPU simulation world.

The biggest problem so far for me is the that strong teams like Bucks and Lakers win far to many matches against other teams.

I had a big obsession for sime time - I simmed*** over 100 matches of Bucks vs Heat, and less then 10% was won by Miami. I tried every bloody thing in terms of tactics, coaches, POEs...

Changing tendencies, badges and attributes was last resort, but finally I had to go that way to.

My strong observation also is that for some reason Lakers in almost every CPU vs CPU game have a cold start but manage to turnaround the game in the 3rd quarter predominantly.
Its just frustrating to watch.

I dont know how to eliminate that. I tried with puting all the same badges and styles to all coaches, by eliminated mental badges, many other OP badges...

But still Lakers just play couple of levels above when the going gets tough.

I'd really like you to share some thoughts on that, or any other field from the CPU vs CPU world!

*** I can see on this forums many users use the word "sim" for CPU vs CPU but also for simulations in MyLeague and other modes.

I hope you use it the way I think and would like that to be truth, in terms of CPU vs CPU :)