Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) - Part One (/forums/showthread.php?t=968294)

Steve_OS 04-16-2020 12:00 PM

MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) - Part One

Discussions about a sports game can sometimes be hard to have in a large group online...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

Therebelyell626 04-16-2020 12:19 PM

What I am noticing is happening more often than before the patches:

My outfielders are running 10-15 feet in the wrong direction. I am not talking about the animation for bad fielders when they get a bad jump. I mean my fielders are literally running 10-15 in the wrong direction before I can even gain control of them. This wasn’t happening prior to at least patch 1.06. So they messed something up overall

The controls have been way to sensitive since at least patch 1.06. Even when I feather the stick I get stuck running 10-15 feet in a given direction before I can gain control of my fielder. This was not happening a few weeks ago.

They clearly did something that set the game balance off because I wasn’t having nearly as many fielding issues even a week ago and *it really is starting to hurt my enjoyment of the game. They need to stop over patching these games year after year to appease the whiny DD crowd. The more patches you release, the more the odds go up you will unbalance something*

Karle 04-16-2020 02:50 PM

Re: MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) -

For me it seems like the shrinking "circle" is sometimes not centered on where the ball ultimately lands. I noticed this more in the outfield. It seems atvtimes to be offset a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

ChaseB 04-16-2020 02:53 PM

Re: MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therebelyell626 (Post 2050082588)
What I am noticing is happening more often than before the patches:

My outfielders are running 10-15 feet in the wrong direction. I am not talking about the animation for bad fielders when they get a bad jump. I mean my fielders are literally running 10-15 in the wrong direction before I can even gain control of them. This wasn’t happening prior to at least patch 1.06. So they messed something up overall

The controls have been way to sensitive since at least patch 1.06. Even when I feather the stick I get stuck running 10-15 feet in a given direction before I can gain control of my fielder. This was not happening a few weeks ago.

They clearly did something that set the game balance off because I wasn’t having nearly as many fielding issues even a week ago and *it really is starting to hurt my enjoyment of the game. They need to stop over patching these games year after year to appease the whiny DD crowd. The more patches you release, the more the odds go up you will unbalance something*

I dunno what that really has to do with the fielding being wonky since it's not like people would be asking for them to make fielding less responsive. It's fine if you want to be anti-patch or whatever, but just seems like a remark you want to make regardless of whether or not it really makes sense in this particular situation.

I also have not noticed my fielders running away from the ball in any mode, but I'll keep looking for it. I do agree the controls can be overly sensitive in the field though.

JoseJoseph9119 04-16-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle (Post 2050082735)
For me it seems like the shrinking "circle" is sometimes not centered on where the ball ultimately lands. I noticed this more in the outfield. It seems atvtimes to be offset a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

I think the circle is set where the ball would hit the ground, not 6-7 feet above or 8-10 feet ahead of that, which is where the fielder and his glove actually are. It's definitely off though, and may be a part of why player's can't lock on, as they're not connecting to the ball based on where it is in the air.

SIMatic 04-16-2020 10:53 PM

An article strictly on defense 👍

Dolenz 04-16-2020 11:14 PM

This is actually my biggest complaint about game play this year. These no lock ons, and running over the ball without picking it up and everything else happen against the CPU as well.

underdog13 04-16-2020 11:48 PM

Really, really well written article. :appl:

A lot of different nuance that can be lost but you captured it all.