Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   If UFC 4 is a Next-Gen title, what are the chances for crossplay and a PC release? (/forums/showthread.php?t=968530)

manliest_Man 04-21-2020 12:04 AM

If UFC 4 is a Next-Gen title, what are the chances for crossplay and a PC release?

So this is an entirely hypothetical discussion, but considering that EA has skipped all prior pre-release advertisement content & release windows, one option on the table would be that EA UFC 4 is coming exclusively on the next-gen consoles.
Considering that EA UFC 1 came out, fully utilizing the current gen's capabillities, thus the next 2 games haven't really changed much appearance-wise, it might be reasonable to assume that the 4th game wouldn't come out for this generation.

With that said, if EA UFC 4 came out only on the next-gen consoles, since it's mostly an online/multiplayer game it would make sense to make the game crossplay-compatible.

Reason for that beeing, that the game is already sort of a niche product and not as popoular as other sports titles, so it would make sense to finally allow crossplay and with the same reasoning make it available for high end PC players.

The new consoles are also roumored to be 100$-200$ more expensive than the last gen, since they'll have limited releases coming in 2020-2021, perhaps due to COVID-19, so it's expected to have an ever lower pool of EA UFC players available for next-gen.

Next Gen consoles are said to have Ray-Tracing and very fast loading times due to new SSDs, designed for 8 cores/16 threads CPUs of the new 4th Gen Ryzen AMD, so what if the game also came out on PC with some insane requirements, only for high-end PCs to match the new consoles, to be able to allow crossplay and not require much more extra optimization for low-end PCs?

manliest_Man 04-21-2020 12:13 AM

Re: If UFC 4 is a Next-Gen title, what are the chances for crossplay and a PC release

1 of the things that stand out in cinematic UFC game trailers, is the lighting/reflections & the advanced animations.

The first one, is something that next-gen consoles could propably achieve with their Ray-Tracing support & theoretically allow the 2nd one due to the new CPU horsepower.

Here are 2 examples:

UFC Undisputed:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BdOBy6OhexU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EA UFC:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XLiinhBgAJ4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Ragdoll Guy 04-21-2020 02:43 AM

Re: If UFC 4 is a Next-Gen title, what are the chances for crossplay and a PC release

Quote:

Originally Posted by manliest_Man (Post 2050086800)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BdOBy6OhexU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After I saw the trailer for the first or second time back then, I thought this is what Gameplay in 10-15 years should look like.

Is the PS 4 Pro capable of bringing such physics and gameplay I would say it would bring the console to its limit there is just so much going on at the same time, but I think it is possible with a lot of hard work, money, dev. time and even more hard work.

UD 3 today with better graphics and physics would already be enough for me tbh. I want it like it is in that trailer.

I expect the PS 5 to do it though maybe not in the first 3 years, but the UFC 5 game can be in that range. Absolute fluid gameplay with almost no visible delays between ''animations''. Fluidity is missing completely in UFC 3.

Man, even after 11 years that cinematic trailer is still the best trailer I've ever seen in MMA gaming.

martialxd 04-21-2020 08:29 AM

UFC 4 will be a PS5/XB1 launch title
LEAK
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks..._launch_title/

what your think ?
I remember someone saying that UFC4 is on PS4

and what is this ?

LarsP 04-21-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martialxd (Post 2050086949)

and what is this ?

Obviously a fake. It's Conor's model from UFC 1. Look at his stomach tattoo.

And the UFC 4 logo is different than what cejudo's gf leaked

I also want to believe we're gonna get a decent career mode for once, but after the previous three attempts I just can't.

wordlife97 04-21-2020 10:02 AM

It’s a shame we have to do all this digging instead of EA just giving us information, since it is obvious they are not delivering the game on time.

martialxd 04-21-2020 10:25 AM

at this moment
Anything delay
Officials can say that all because of COVID-19

T4H Recognize 04-21-2020 11:46 AM

I wonder if we will get some event in june with EA?