Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Franchise Mode Roster Size Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=968564)

lvmnz 04-21-2020 02:52 PM

Franchise Mode Roster Size Question

Apologies if a Newb question, but why are rosters being capped at 90 players per organization? It would be brilliant for 'single A' to just be open-ended - or capped at like another 50..or 150...players - to flesh out each organization with their younger farmhands.

Is this just the highest technically practicable amount for the game to be able to run? Or just a matter of Diamond Dynasty taking priority in development?

thanks! :cheers:

SidBream 04-21-2020 03:57 PM

Re: Franchise Mode Roster Size Question

My guess is that it has to do with space.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Iron 04-21-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvmnz (Post 2050087277)
Apologies if a Newb question, but why are rosters being capped at 90 players per organization? It would be brilliant for 'single A' to just be open-ended - or capped at like another 50..or 150...players - to flesh out each organization with their younger farmhands.

Is this just the highest technically practicable amount for the game to be able to run? Or just a matter of Diamond Dynasty taking priority in development?

thanks! :cheers:

The cap has been 90 players for many years. It has nothing to do with DD.

lvmnz 04-21-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron (Post 2050087430)
The cap has been 90 players for many years. It has nothing to do with DD.

Yep, I just figure they prioritize time/capacity on the moneymaker.

Unless there is a technical limitation, maybe it's the plan to roll out more minor league players over the coming years? From what I've read, the effort to make real and revamp the minors really took off this season with their incorporating Ridin, so perhaps it's just not feasible to roll something out with thousands of even more obscure minor leaguers in the same version.

I guess I'd just be grateful if the door were left open for others to expand the minors universe in roster-editing (taking the single A max off or significantly weakening it), but - back to where I started - maybe the maximum is in light of a technical limitation in the first place.