Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Injury Report Generator by PunkMonk (/forums/showthread.php?t=968773)

PunkMonk 04-24-2020 11:53 PM

Franchise Injury Report Generator 2.0 by PunkMonk

The injury issues this year are very difficult to deal with for those of us who care to have them in our franchise. Having your starting RB hurt every other game, or your best WR unavailable on a regular basis is frustrating and takes away from the franchise experience. I want injuries to effect starters as well as role players, increasing the importance of team depth when building your roster. With all this said, this is to increase the storyline, challenge, and depth to the Franchise mode.

Link: Madden 20 Franchise Injury Report Generator 2.0

Updates
Version 1.0 : Initial Release (4/24)
Version 2.0 : Spreadsheet updated using injury report data taken from previous NFL seasons.
Frequency of injuries at specific positions as well as the length of injuries have both been updated. (4/26)

How it works:

1. Open the generator before playing your first preseason game. You may have to save the sheet and open it using your Google account or excel software due to share restrictions. You will see something like this:

2. Refresh the spreadsheet to generate the number of injuries you will have for the season. You will need to write this number on paper or notate it in a text file of some sort.

3. Notate the information generated in the generator box [Position, Weeks Out, and Starting Week). Add this to the 1st line of your injury report. Refresh the page and repeat until you have your full list notated based on the number of injuries you initially received in Step 2.

4. I recommend writing down the week the player will return. Calculate this by adding the start week to the weeks injured. Ex: If a player is out 6 weeks starting week 4, he'd return Week 10 of the season. If the player is out 3 weeks starting week 1, he'd return week 4 of the season.

5. Change the injury setting in Options > League Settings > Injures to OFF before the start of your played game. At the finish of your game, you will change this option back to ON before advancing to the next week. (This will prevent any additional injuries at key positions)

6. Enjoy!

EXAMPLE INJURY REPORTS

1. DT2 | OUT - 6 week | Starting - Pre Season 1 | Return - Week 3
2. C1 | OUT - 6 week | Starting - Pre Season 3 | Return - Week 5
3. LOLB1 | OUT - 7 week | Starting - Week 5 | Return - Week 12
4. CB5 | OUT - 9 week | Starting - Week 8 | Return - Week 17
5. TE2 | OUT - 7 week | Starting - Week 8 | Return - Week 15
6. RT2 | OUT - 17 week | Starting - Week 9 | Return - Out for Season
7. RB2 | OUT - 1 week | Starting - Week 12 | Return - Week 13
8. TE1 | OUT - 1 week | Starting - Week 12 | Return - Week 13
9. WR4 | OUT - 3 week | Starting - Week 15 | Return - Wild Card Rd
10. LE1 | OUT - 17 week | Starting - Week 17 | Return - Out for Season
11. ROLB1 | OUT - 9 week | Starting - Division Rd | Return - Out for Season

1. SS2 | OUT - 3 week | Starting - Pre Season 2 | Return - Week 1
2. WR2 | OUT - 17 week | Starting - Pre Season 2 | Return - Week 15
3. RB1 | OUT - 2 week | Starting - Pre Season 3 | Return - Week 1
4. DT2 | OUT - 9 week | Starting - Week 4 | Return - Week 13
5. LT1 | OUT - 8 week | Starting - Week 5 | Return - Week 13
6. WR1 | OUT - 5 week | Starting - Week 10 | Return - Week 15
7. QB1 | OUT - 3 week | Starting - Week 14 | Return - Week 17
8. ROLB2 | OUT - 17 week | Starting - Week 14 | Return - Out for Season

Ren The Conqueror 04-25-2020 07:41 AM

Re: Injury Report Generator by PunkMonk

This is an excellent tool. Thanks for sharing.

I had been using the ‘sister’ team approach in M20 to obtain injuries. Using this method, you pick a random team at the onset of franchise, and then mirror their injuries during the course of the season.

I have recently gone back to Madden 19, with one of the reasons being the injury system in the game’s engine - injuries work well in M19.

If I go back to M20, I will absolutely use your tool.

Question: If you set injuries to OFF in the menu, do the CPU teams still accumulate injuries? I was under the impression that injuries would be turned off globally by doing that. I’ve never turned injuries off before.

PunkMonk 04-25-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider_Ren (Post 2050090646)
This is an excellent tool. Thanks for sharing.

I had been using the ‘sister’ team approach in M20 to obtain injuries. Using this method, you pick a random team at the onset of franchise, and then mirror their injuries during the course of the season.

I have recently gone back to Madden 19, with one of the reasons being the injury system in the game’s engine - injuries work well in M19.

If I go back to M20, I will absolutely use your tool.

Question: If you set injuries to OFF in the menu, do the CPU teams still accumulate injuries? I was under the impression that injuries would be turned off globally by doing that. I’ve never turned injuries off before.

What’s up, Ren!

With injuries off the CPU team will not have any injuries during the current game you’re playing. Once you switch injuries back to on post game and advance.. the CPU teams will accumulate injuries as normal through the sim engine.

I think I’m going to do a little more research on injuries and update the generator in the next few days.

PunkMonk 04-26-2020 05:47 PM

Updated some of the info used to calculate the frequency of each position being injured.

Also the link should now work for everyone. The share type was set to ‘Private’ before restricting users from accessing without requesting permission. Should be accessible to the public now.

SaintsFan559 04-26-2020 07:10 PM

So, how would this work in terms of affecting your franchise? Would you manually take them out of your depth chart during the allotted time?

PunkMonk 04-26-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintsFan559 (Post 2050091938)
So, how would this work in terms of affecting your franchise? Would you manually take them out of your depth chart during the allotted time?

Exactly! I just take them off the depth chart completely.

Cycloniac 04-27-2020 12:44 PM

Love this. Best solution to the problem I've seen so far.

Cycloniac 06-14-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkMonk (Post 2050091873)
Updated some of the info used to calculate the frequency of each position being injured.

Also the link should now work for everyone. The share type was set to ‘Private’ before restricting users from accessing without requesting permission. Should be accessible to the public now.

How do you refresh the workbook?