Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation (/forums/showthread.php?t=968978)

osirisg89 04-28-2020 10:41 PM

'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...k1r3wz6an5dz1p

:mad:

brianski71 04-29-2020 02:20 AM

Re: 'NCAA Football' video game made unlikely by NIL recommendation

This is garbage. Literally everyone wants the game. College players. NFL players. Gamers. Coaches. Everyone. The NCAA are literally the only people insistent on continuing to kill a huge cash cow. Think about how far games have come with paid DLC and microtransactions since 2013. The game would be a gold mine. Not to mention, the game could be a way to keep struggling athletic departments afloat after losing millions with this Corona bs. It’s a no-brainer. Make the game. The CHL players have no problem being in the NHL game without being paid. I guarantee 99.9% of college football players would do the same.

TarHeelPhenom 04-29-2020 10:15 AM

It's either going to be a game like Doug Flutie's Maximum Football that gives you generic teams with full customization or it's it's going to be nothing at all. At this point, Canuck is the only company that has been willing to do that. I wish 2k would take a stab at it. I know EA won't do it.

illwill10 04-29-2020 10:37 AM

It does suck. The interest is definitely there from all sides. But looking from both perspectives, I do see there is need for a union before they take that next step for games. I know there's a college athletes association, but that isn't enough. There needs to be a single entity that can negotiate for all athletes. It would take so much more time and require way more resources to deal with individual athletes.
But I thought the NFLPA was partnering with them to help in matters like this

TomSellecksMustache 04-29-2020 01:17 PM

How about you just say that X amount of the revenue goes into a pot and then that pot is divided equally to each school that is in the game. From there each school divides their share equally among their players.

Geaux Tigahs 04-29-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache (Post 2050094529)
How about you just say that X amount of the revenue goes into a pot and then that pot is divided equally to each school that is in the game. From there each school divides their share equally among their players.

Because....lawyers...

esayem 04-30-2020 04:22 PM

Then just make up fake players. I don't know why they are so stuck on making an accurate four-year roster when you play a season and a fifth or more of the players are randomly generated. I'd much rather have the accurate logos and stadiums than anything else.

I actually thought the side stories in Madden for college players were cool; the twin linebackers at Notre Dame and the hotshot QB from Houston (I think). Plus, they can be more creative with off the field issues with fake players; academic scandals, improper benefits, all the stuff the NCAA loves to stand against.

The NCAA and the universities are leaving money on the table.

ColdGloop 04-30-2020 07:45 PM

Honestly, I would take a college game where all the teams are made up but there is a ton of customization. I just don’t know what kind of market there would be for a game like that.