Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Computer offense problem, need help. (/forums/showthread.php?t=96920)

mike586corleone 09-23-2004 05:38 PM

Computer offense problem, need help.

I have the xbox version, and I can't seem to get the computer to mount any scoring drives, or at least be somewhat effective offensively. I don't even really consider myself to be a great player or anything, it's just that my defense can somehow shutdown anyone. In '04 I always had touble stopping the good teams, but not so in '05. I have tried Jistic's sliders and it seems that nothing is working. Can anyone give me advice.

Xx 74 xX 09-23-2004 06:06 PM

Re: Computer offense problem, need help.

If you are using default sliders.....I would suggest visiting the Slider Forum. You will see a noticeable difference.

Taur3asi3 09-24-2004 02:23 AM

I have the same problem with every set of sliders its either i score at will and the computer gets 14 yards total offense or i get shut down and the computer scores at will and picks me off 5 times in 1 half

SnakeEyez 09-24-2004 01:36 PM

Go to maddenmania. Look for "Hellisan's sliders 1.0"

They're pretty good for getting the CPU offense involved.

jfsolo 09-24-2004 05:11 PM

Sliders will defininatly help with physical aspects of the game: blocking, tackling, speed, etc., but they can't really help the main problems with the game this year.

1. Even with sliders max out and HFA off, the CPU will still drop too many "easy" balls.

2. CPU Running Backs don't use the moves enough, and don't follow their blocking or choose the right holes to run through.

3. The CPU QB makes way too many bad reads, throwing into coverage on most of his passes. This ties in with the fact that the WR's don't know how to "sit down" in the zone(this is true for the User WRs too.)

After a while the human can adjust to the quirks in the game, but the CPU is handcuffed by its poor A.I. logic.(is that redundant?)