Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Project CARS 2 on Sale - 80% Off Standard & Deluxe Editions, All DLC 50% Off via Steam (/forums/showthread.php?t=969257)

Steve_OS 05-04-2020 05:05 PM

Project CARS 2 on Sale - 80% Off Standard & Deluxe Editions, All DLC 50% Off via Steam

Steam is currently selling Project CARS 2, with an 80% off discount. The Standard Edition, which...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

slthree 05-05-2020 09:04 PM

Deepest Console Racing Sim ever. There’s nothing close. It’s surprising how much they pack in the console version of this game.

Its not easy so it may frustrate those who want a simple pickup and play racer like GTS. If you want to race on the best tracks in the World then get this game. The track roster is IMMENSE

PC2 surprisingly *has a very good rally mode. I’ve had this game for 2 1/2 years and only last year discovered rally mode in the career section and was blown away. *That said, even if you play this game regularly for the next two years there will still be cars and tracks and you haven’t even tried.

Just be warned that you can’t just go full speed and throw any car around any track. This is a simulator and not *just a game. I suggest a full race weekend before you do any race. You can Practice for as long as you need in order to get the feel of the car and track. Then you can Qualify which gives you an idea of how you stack up. *Then head to the starting grid for the Race,*

mercalnd 05-06-2020 09:12 AM

Re: Project CARS 2 on Sale - 80% Off Standard & Deluxe Editions, All DLC 50% Off via

Quote:

Originally Posted by slthree (Post 2050100109)
Deepest Console Racing Sim ever. There’s nothing close. It’s surprising how much they pack in the console version of this game.

Its not easy so it may frustrate those who want a simple pickup and play racer like GTS. If you want to race on the best tracks in the World then get this game. The track roster is IMMENSE

PC2 surprisingly *has a very good rally mode. I’ve had this game for 2 1/2 years and only last year discovered rally mode in the career section and was blown away. *That said, even if you play this game regularly for the next two years there will still be cars and tracks and you haven’t even tried.

Just be warned that you can’t just go full speed and throw any car around any track. This is a simulator and not *just a game. I suggest a full race weekend before you do any race. You can Practice for as long as you need in order to get the feel of the car and track. Then you can Qualify which gives you an idea of how you stack up. *Then head to the starting grid for the Race,*

I agree with most of what you said. However, just to be sure you aren't accidently misleading someone who is not familiar with the game, there is no rallying in this game, just rallycross. They are totally different racing styles even though they use the pretty much the same cars.

slthree 05-06-2020 05:17 PM

Re: Project CARS 2 on Sale - 80% Off Standard & Deluxe Editions, All DLC 50% Off via

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercalnd (Post 2050100410)
I agree with most of what you said. However, just to be sure you aren't accidently misleading someone who is not familiar with the game, there is no rallying in this game, just rallycross. They are totally different racing styles even though they use the pretty much the same cars.

I don’t know anything about rally and didn’t realize that rally cross was something entirely different. All I know is that the cars are cool and you go on dirt or snow tracks. It was part of a career progression and I really enjoyed it when I didn’t expect to

mercalnd 05-07-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slthree (Post 2050100838)
I don’t know anything about rally and didn’t realize that rally cross was something entirely different. All I know is that the cars are cool and you go on dirt or snow tracks. It was part of a career progression and I really enjoyed it when I didn’t expect to

Rally is point to point racing (called stages), one car at a time. Whoever has the best overall time at the end of all stages wins the rally.