Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Will you buy NBA 2K21? (/forums/showthread.php?t=970127)

Nathan_OS 05-20-2020 01:01 PM

Will you buy NBA 2K21?

Don’t know about you guys, but my experience this year has not been the best one. As far as the offline experience, it just literally seems like 2K and Mike Wang no longer cares.

We used to have some good feedback from devs in this forum. That seems like a thing of the past now.

Patches are coming out, don’t even know what’s been changed.
Green releases on CPU shots.
CPU calling no timeouts until the 4th quarter.
CPU making 4 man substitutions instead of going one by one lol
Ridiculous canned animations. **** doesn’t even make sense LOL.

God I wish there was another basketball game to play. Also wish they never went away from SP. But they chose the VC route because it’s all about money *sigh*

I haven’t enjoyed these last two years of 2K, if not more.

Speaking solely from today’s aspect, will you buy NBA 2K21?

And yes, this is a rant. Lol.

ksuttonjr76 05-20-2020 01:08 PM

Re: Will you buy NBA 2K21?

Probably....kinda depends on what changes they make and how it looks on the XBox Series X.

michaelhawj 05-20-2020 01:10 PM

yes i will buy it on ps5

J_Posse 05-20-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan_OS (Post 2050111248)
Don’t know about you guys, but my experience this year has not been the best one. As far as the offline experience, it just literally seems like 2K and Mike Wang no longer cares.

We used to have some good feedback from devs in this forum. That seems like a thing of the past now.

Patches are coming out, don’t even know what’s been changed.
Green releases on CPU shots.
CPU calling no timeouts until the 4th quarter.
CPU making 4 man substitutions instead of going one by one lol
Ridiculous canned animations. **** doesn’t even make sense LOL.

God I wish there was another basketball game to play. Also wish they never went away from SP. But they chose the VC route because it’s all about money *sigh*

I haven’t enjoyed these last two years of 2K, if not more.

Speaking solely from today’s aspect, will you buy NBA 2K21?

And yes, this is a rant. Lol.

Yes, I will purchase it but not sure if I'll "double dip" and buy for both generations. The pushing back of the 2020 season will be a determining factor too.

I agree with many of your complaints, but we have to acknowledge and understand that the offline experience isn't dictating sales or the direction of the series. Just like the success of GTA Online might effect design aspects of GTA 6, but I'm hopeful some issues ("green" releases) will be adjusted or removed.

I also think the extra horse power (and hopefully increase in development team members) will allow them to improve the offline experience. A lot of little things (block/charge calls, long rebounds, "realistic" physics, shooting fouls on three-pointers, etc.) are sorely missing especially as the series because more and more photo realistic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

26Belhanda 05-20-2020 01:28 PM

I will most likely buy it, especially if the graphics improve substantially with next-gen consoled, but Id like NBA Live and/or new NBA games to come up to pressure 2K into improving their game and get out of the VC (vicious circle). If the alternatives become good at some aspects of the game that 2k struggles with, then I might consider moving on from 2K.

ksuttonjr76 05-20-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26Belhanda (Post 2050111285)
I will most likely buy it, especially if the graphics improve substantially with next-gen consoled, but Id like NBA Live and/or new NBA games to come up to pressure 2K into improving their game and get out of the VC (vicious circle). If the alternatives become good at some aspects of the game that 2k struggles with, then I might consider moving on from 2K.

You'll be waiting a long time to move on....

ksuttonjr76 05-20-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Posse (Post 2050111280)
Yes, I will purchase it but not sure if I'll "double dip" and buy for both generations. The pushing back of the 2020 season will be a determining factor too.

I agree with many of your complaints, but we have to acknowledge and understand that the offline experience isn't dictating sales or the direction of the series. Just like the success of GTA Online might effect design aspects of GTA 6, but I'm hopeful some issues ("green" releases) will be adjusted or removed.

I also think the extra horse power (and hopefully increase in development team members) will allow them to improve the offline experience. A lot of little things (block/charge calls, long rebounds, "realistic" physics, shooting fouls on three-pointers, etc.) are sorely missing especially as the series because more and more photo realistic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

That's kinda what I was thinking too. For whatever reason, I sometimes do get the feeling that game is too "ambitious" for the current console generation. Hopefully, the extra power will push the game further along.

Luke Skywalker 05-20-2020 01:45 PM

I love the game, but I hate the green light under the CPU feet.