Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Compensatory Picks (/forums/showthread.php?t=970687)

Missin_ATL 06-02-2020 01:55 PM

Compensatory Picks

Do you ever think Madden will pick compensatory picks in the game. I feel like they should honestly but what’s you guys opinion

PhillyPhanatic14 06-02-2020 01:59 PM

Re: Compensatory Picks

Nope. I don't see it happening. They don't even have 5th yr options in correctly and it took the team 5 months to implement those...

This team has made it clear that they don't care about simulating roster management in Franchise. It's all simplified so a 5 year old could do it and they refuse to make it realistic or complex in any way. Even after claiming to add realistic contracts last year, there was absolutely 0 progress on this. I just don't see it happening.

Getting the whole salary cap system, and everything that goes with it, simulation has been my #1 request for years. I don't play NBA 2K, but from what I've seen they do an incredible job with all of the intricacies of the NBA salary cap system. Madden just doesn't seem interested in that.

kennylc321 06-02-2020 03:00 PM

And it’s a shame. If you play NHL and the Show, their roster management system is very deep. I felt like I really had to Learn how contracts work in those sports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050119660)
Nope. I don't see it happening. They don't even have 5th yr options in correctly and it took the team 5 months to implement those...

This team has made it clear that they don't care about simulating roster management in Franchise. It's all simplified so a 5 year old could do it and they refuse to make it realistic or complex in any way. Even after claiming to add realistic contracts last year, there was absolutely 0 progress on this. I just don't see it happening.

Getting the whole salary cap system, and everything that goes with it, simulation has been my #1 request for years. I don't play NBA 2K, but from what I've seen they do an incredible job with all of the intricacies of the NBA salary cap system. Madden just doesn't seem interested in that.

DeuceDouglas 06-02-2020 03:47 PM

At this point, no. It's going to take a somewhat drastic shift in direction/vision for stuff like that to make it in. Not saying it can't or won't and I'll be the first person to scream from the rooftop that it should but given the circumstances of how franchise is built and the type of user it's built around, it's very unlikely right now.

NYJin2011tm 06-02-2020 07:35 PM

I'm still waiting for restricted free agents to come back that was in ps2.

ggsimmonds 06-02-2020 08:29 PM

Very unlikely.

EA doesn't seem to place a high level of importance on realistic franchise details

Executor 06-03-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas (Post 2050119714)
At this point, no. It's going to take a somewhat drastic shift in direction/vision for stuff like that to make it in. Not saying it can't or won't and I'll be the first person to scream from the rooftop that it should but given the circumstances of how franchise is built and the type of user it's built around, it's very unlikely right now.

I agree, but one has to ask the question: what the hell is preventing them to do it? All it would take is expand draft classes a little bit (if at all) and find a working formula that at least resembles how compensatory picks are distributed irl.

It doesn't require basically any learning curve from the user, does not take away from the time user spends on playing his franchise, all it takes is a simple message "you were awarded a comp pick(s) in round(s) X, Y, Z next year" at the end of regular season and/or similar message showing comp picks distribution for the whole league, and that's about it.

Where's backbreaker in that?

Devaster 06-03-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 2050120031)
I agree, but one has to ask the question: what the hell is preventing them to do it? All it would take is expand draft classes a little bit (if at all) and find a working formula that at least resembles how compensatory picks are distributed irl.

It doesn't require basically any learning curve from the user, does not take away from the time user spends on playing his franchise, all it takes is a simple message "you were awarded a comp pick(s) in round(s) X, Y, Z next year" at the end of regular season and/or similar message showing comp picks distribution for the whole league, and that's about it.

Where's backbreaker in that?

It requires a lot of work from EA's side though and a completely different direction. The compensatory pick formula is a well guarded secret I believe and it is a complicated one that depends on a lot of free agency factors. Considering how dumbed down free agency and contracts are in Madden currently, this would be a significant change in direction.

I'd love to see more detailed contracts, free agency, compensatory picks, restricted FA's, etc.