Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Steering wheel mount or cockpit setup suggestions (/forums/showthread.php?t=971356)

themetallikid 06-22-2020 01:14 PM

Steering wheel mount or cockpit setup suggestions

I'm not a hard-core racer, but enjoy more than a "thumbstick" experience when i do play. I have a wheel and pedal setup, but havent had anything sturdy to mount it to. Im moving into a new place and want to set it up so ill want to spend time playing again.

I see some stands and they seem alright, but i worry about them being solid and wobbling with the force feedback.... i see the cockpits and those seem cool, but can get more expensive than I wanna spend. But then i think the lower priced cockpit options probably aren't "good".

So what are some real options from real users. There are thousands of options when i search online.. what are you using?

Jeffrey99 06-22-2020 01:30 PM

Re: Steering wheel mount or cockpit setup suggestions

I use desk and computer chair setup with iRacing.

But if I were gonna do it with console I'd get some form of rig. I've had Playseat before (tears ago) and hated the middle bar that comes up and holes the wheel. I'd go for something that doesn't feature that bar.

The Next Level wheel stands don't look to bad and appear to be sturdy. But I have zero experience with them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jct32 06-22-2020 02:06 PM

Never tried this but sounds like it might be perfect for you. I hear good things about it.

https://www.playseatstore.com/playseat-challenge.html

themetallikid 06-22-2020 03:21 PM

That Playseat does look nice. Its a bit more than I wanted to spend, but its similar to another one I had found.

Any other experiences or options...

jackrifter 06-26-2020 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jct32 (Post 2050131747)
Never tried this but sounds like it might be perfect for you. I hear good things about it.

https://www.playseatstore.com/playseat-challenge.html

I Agree with you, this would be perfect!

saintjimbo1885 06-26-2020 04:16 AM

Over here in UK a lot of folk use wheel stands like these, especially if short of space.

https://www.gtomega.com/collections/wheel-stands

Next Level also do something almost identical.

Had the GT one and it is pretty sturdy, you just need to make sure you have/get a decent chair to go with it.

I stupidly got rid of mine for a Playseat and totally agree with the post above - DO NOT buy one with a middle bar as it is incredibly uncomfortable to use!!

Just make sure whatever you decide to buy is suitable/compatible with your wheel!!